Daisy Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daisy Rock

y2stevo's thread on Love Rocks kinda make me think about this.

http://www.daisyrock.com/

Whats your opinion on these guitars (I ain't buying any of these anytime soon, btw )

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Re: Daisy Rock

Daisy Rock rocks!
    Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
    Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I like the Rock Candy series. Good solid guitars with a nice sound to them. the neck s are on the small side though.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

"the neck s are on the small side though."

I guess thats what happens when you have a company dedicated to making chick-approved guitars

In all seriousness, some of these models look very nice and seem to be quality stuff...
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
          "the neck s are on the small side though."

I guess thats what happens when you have a company dedicated to making chick-approved guitars

In all seriousness, some of these models look very nice and seem to be quality stuff...

Beleive you me, there are some BIG girls out there.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

If it helps your decision on them, the lady who owns the company is married to the guy who is president of Schecter. I believe he's got a bit of ownership in there too so to speak. The necks feel like slimmed down Schecters to me. Thi might give you an inkling to their quality. The necks are kind of like a Fender Squire neck compared to a MIM or Am Std Fender neck in comparison.
            Institute Of Noise Music Productions
            http://www.instituteofnoise.com

Director of US Sales & Operations
            Bogner Amplification
            http://www.bogneramplification.com

Comment

I like the butterfly!!

Comment

Some of those seem to scream 80s buttrock metal ballad! I'd take one
                Watch My Videos
                Photography
                www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
                "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Comment

i liek that LP, sorta gives you that androdgeny type of feel haha dont know if i spelled that right but ya.
                  Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

My girlfriend likes the Metallic Pink Retro-H...I'm a fan of the Ice Blue retro H...maybe we should buy a matching set?

Comment

Speaking as a woman who's played guitar for 20+ years, I have zero use for these guitars. However, if they help encourage more girls to play, then thumbs up! I just personally disagree with thin necks period. Super thin necks offer little support for you hand and after a while, carpal tunnel may come a calling. No thank you.
                      Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                      www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

out of curiousity, sorry for the hi jack, but what is a thin neck considered to be? Strats relatively have thin necks. So does 60 slim tapered gibson necks? would those leads to carpal tunnel? i havent played a daisy so i woudlnt know a base of comparison for what is really thin.
                        Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

Has anyone actually played these guitars and can give an appraisal of these guitars, rather than just make jokes about them? I would be interested as to how they play and what they sound like.
                          Normans Guitars

Comment

I've heard they're MADE by Schecter, actually.

So of course they're great

The stardusts tempt me. I like thinner necks, and from what I've heard they're great guitars. I think it's great that they encourage young girls to play, because they age a bit and become hard rockin' chicks, and there's nothing hotter than that. We need more female guitar players, it'll give me something to talk to when I'm with a chick.

Alright, so my reasons are selfish, but whatever The only chick I've known who played guitar was annoying as f*ck (looked ok though), so we need more out there.

(no I haven't actually played one
                            dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Originally posted by strat_master
                              out of curiousity, sorry for the hi jack, but what is a thin neck considered to be? Strats relatively have thin necks. So does 60 slim tapered gibson necks? would those leads to carpal tunnel? i havent played a daisy so i woudlnt know a base of comparison for what is really thin.
                              It all depends on what model Strat your talking about. As for me, I've always played guitars with fairly thick necks. 50's Classic Tele's, Wolfgangs, and the big daddy '74 Les Paul Standard, which has the huge neck Gibson was putting on the Deluxe models back in those days. I never had a single problem with my hand UNTIL I bought a Les Paul Classic with that thin 60's style neck. Within 3 weeks of owning that guitar, I was seriously worried about my playing future. My hand cramped when playing and was numb/tingly for hours after playing. I kept thinking I'd finally get used to it but the problems got worse very quickly. Finally, I put all of my guitars for about 2 weeks. Started back up with my old guitars and didn't experience too much discomfort. Got the LP Classic out and was right back to not being able to play. I sold that guitar 6 weeks after buying it. It took about 9 months to a year before my hand stopped bothering me. I now will only play a guitar with a thick neck and big frets. Dunlop 6100's are my friends. To me, thin necks make for great firewood.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
                              Not a 5150 Kramer, but a 5149 1/2 Shamer
                              www.bigmouthbetty.com

Comment

Working...
                              X