X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sly, that Gibson co....

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    Ok. Last update. Talked to saleguy in detail today.. He said the Gibson claims they are building nearly everything with roasted maple now. They wanted to sub it on this guitar and sales guy told them, no, its spec'd with rosewood, was ordered and paid for with RW. Gibson says they will build it and can sub american rosewood (?) on it. Will take approx 60 days to deliver, but in a sense, this will pretty much be a one off build..

If at 61 days, they havent delivered a most amazing guitar... The order is pulled. we told the salesguy that it better not be a throw together and better have mojo and a very nice top or its going back..
    I wish you luck and hope you get a great gibson out of this but put part of the reason I switched to PRS is because of this. It seems like some gibsons are great and other not so. I dont have a problem shelling out the money for a PRS cause when I get it I immediatley know what I spent my money on and its exactly what I want.
    Check out my music here:
    C.L. Clark - Immortal on IheartRadio
    C.L. Clark - Immortal on Itunes

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
      I'm curious... how do you expect they are going to guarantee that a guitar has "mojo"
      Guys, Im not a retard as Aceman states.. I KNOW they cant guarantee this. It was a figure of speech tween us and the dealer. I was basically saying that it better be very special and NOT a dog, or it will be sent back...
      Thats it.. figure of speech..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Edgecrusher View Post
        I'm curious... how do you expect they are going to guarantee that a guitar has "mojo"
        He's gonna take it to his witch doctor for inspection.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

I mentioned this before but did you call Gibson directly yet?

I observed that many times there is a fuzz like this with an authorized dealer a call to the manufacturer yields as "WTF is our dealer doing there?". Not just with guitars, cameras, too. Dealers tell you all kinds of garbage.

Comment

Can I just say a few things here...

First and to me most important...if ANYONE in this thread has ANYTHING to say to me about my comments in this thread, please keep them in this thread...my PM box is no place for remarks or comments to me about something I said in this open forum thread.

Now, that aside...what the hell is going on here???

I'm still not sure what you want and why you can't get it.

Please someone tell me what is happening here...
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

OK, this is certainly a WTF thread as far as I'm concerned.

First off, full disclosure, I don't like Gibson and I do like BloodRose. Some would say I am biased and to a point, might be somewhat correct.

However I do know that the man likes his LPs and he prefers them saying "Gibson" on the headstock. In fact I try not to let my own disapproval of them affect his own excitement when he plays/buys one.
              So, if he has one of those "Oh Come On!!!" moments it's probably because he feels he's been jerked around a lot. That said, I know the internet is a free place and all but it'd be nice if we could keep our own small corner of it civil, at the very least.

TGWIF, as far as I can tell things are pretty simple. Guy wants to buy a Gibson LP. He chooses the model that Gibson themselves refer to as "The 2008 Standard" in order to differentiate it from the model they still refer to simply as "Standard". From what I gather the "2008" monicker isn't the year of manufacture but rather the year that this particular incarnation of the LP Standard was introduced. There ARE 2009, 2010 as well as 2011 "2008 Standards". They won't be called "2009 Standards" and so on.

If you find calling a particular model by a number that closely resembles a year of manufacture retarded, well, I couldn't agree more but there you have it. 2008 is the model's name, not unlike Eddie's Kramer was the 5150. It is not its' year of manufacture, in this case that would have been 2011, now 2012.

Problem is, the 2008's exact specs are history as they specify a Rosewood fingerboard and Gibson after the raid is done with that too, they'll only use roasted Maple boards for pretty much anything from now on. The guy however wants a guitar built to the original specs. Gibson say's "We'll see".

Also, I'm afraid I'll have to respectfully disagree, personal comments do NOT belong in someone else's thread, he didn't start it just to see two people b!tch back and forth about one another.
              I do agree though that PM-ing someone just to inform them that you disagree with their OPINION as it was stated in a thread of a public forum doesn't really amount to anything either.

Putting all of that aside, Bryan, I do have to agree with some of the guys here saying that you guys should take what the dealer tells you with a grain of salt. No matter how bad Gibson's practices are, you only hear one side of the story and I'm willing to bet money that only a part of it is both true and presented to you in an accurate, unbiased way.

However at this point it wouldn't really help to cause a bigger deal out of it. You talked with them, you agreed to certain terms and have the money-back-guarantee as a safety net. My advice is exactly what you said earlier. Advice your friend to wait exactly that, 60 days, not a day longer, and if on day 61 it isn't there have them refund the full amount and then move on, perhaps with the both of you searching for one on evil-bay or Craig's whatever.
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Thanks Manos!

Im gonna put this thread out of its misery.. I guess my beef should be at the dealer more than the co.. BUT...

UoPT, yeah, I did call Gibson.. They did as I figured.. They acknowledged a "delay in production" but directed me to my dealer. They asked me who the dealer was and assured me that they are "Reputable"..

Anyhow, I was gonna delete this and still might if I can after closing. But since Keeper and others took time to provide input, I didn't want to just wipe it..
                Thanks for the guidance for those who offered. For those whose time was wasted, I grant you 5 minutes extra at the end of your life, use it in good health..
                I dont want this to cause anymore backlash to anyone involved, so its over..

Besides, its time for cookies at my "special" home and I dont miss cookies for any body....
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                X