Faber Tone Lock ABR-1 installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faber Tone Lock ABR-1 installed

I finally got around to doing this on the Hamer I got back from Tattooed Carrot last July. You have no idea how hard it is to find a 4mm socket on a US warship. I installed the Faber conversion studs and the aged gold Tone Lock bridge, which instead of clamping using allen screws, has collars that screw down onto the posts. No pics of the geet, yet, but I'll snap some off on my phone and hopefully upload them in the next port.

Stock photos
    Bridge:

BSWKIT conversion studs:

The studs are sized and threaded so they cut into the wood from the old bushing. The threads are super coarse, too, so I doubt they'll ever strip and fall from string tension. The Tonepros style of allen lock can cock the bridge, where as this is actually sandwiched between the thumbwheels and the inserts, dead level and rock solid. I don't know if you can see it, but it's wireless, too. Instead, it's got a little clip for each one and they have to be threaded all the way forward to be pulled. It's a cool design.

Not to play it up or anything, but unplugged I can feel the better vibration transfer to the body and even through my ****ty stack I can hear it. It actually feels like it opened up, more. The bass is tighter and it goes into feedback earlier and with lower gain than it used to. The stock Nashville sounds mushy, by comparison. It's unfortunate that this whole setup was somewhat expensive, because I want to do this to ALL my Nashville'd geets: the Pauls, the old Deans, all of them.

Re: Faber Tone Lock ABR-1 installed

Pics now that I'm in port and have wireless. Looks good, I think, and locks down rock-solid. Bass is tighter, mids are higher, and the treble is more pronounced, and by that, I mean the separation is even better. Yes, it makes the whole deal brighter. I think the biggest advantage comes from ABR vs Nashville but it's not one of those subtle deals like an old RCA 12ax7 in a new amp. It's noticeable.

Comment

Re: Faber Tone Lock ABR-1 installed

cool man. Looks like a good, solid alternative to the TonePros stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X