New pups for PRS SE singlecut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pups for PRS SE singlecut

Hello all! I have been lurking for about a year now and have been picking your brains for upgrade pickups for my PRS SE singlecut. So far I could not pinpoint what I want so I decided on the least expensive, the SD JB/Jazz combo.

I have read numerous threads about the subject but nothing conclusive regarding as to what I might expect them to sound like. I guess I'll have to wait and see, I know the JB is erratic in some occasions.

This week I'm ordering the SD triple shot mounting plates to take advantage of the coil splits. I will post a pic or two on completion.

For now can someone please state their experience with these pickups or triple shots if they have the same model or Korina, I know this varies from guitar to guitar. Nice to be here.

Re: New pups for PRS SE singlecut

Welcome.

In my Korina model I did put the JB in there for a little while and it was quite aggressive. A little more aggressive than I wanted. So, after going through several others, such as the DiMarzio Norton and even the Gibson '57 Classic Plus, I settled on a set of Air Classics in both positions. The JB sounded great though, but for what I wanted in this guitar, it was too much. Now, in my 2 Kramers, the JB is right at home there. I like the sound of lower output pickups in my SE Singlecut.

Comment

Re: New pups for PRS SE singlecut

Thanks ErikH. I'm expecting the same result in mine which is funny because I sold a Squier standard that I upgraded with Fender 60's RI pickups and did the wiring mod to the bridge pup, still icy cold so I sold it.

The Bullet, on the other hand has GFS 64 stagger pups and is fine. I guess we'll never know until we try.

Comment

Working...
      X