G&L ASAT classic bluesboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&L ASAT classic bluesboy

my friend is an ESP and G&L dealer. my dad wants a tele, and i was telling him to check out the LTD TE-202, but my friend, the dealer said he was really disappointed in the quality of the TE-202 and recommended the G&L ASAT. i've always liked G&L, but i didnt know they were less than 1000 bucks.

and the ASAT bluesboy has a factory seth lover neck pup!. i'm like woa this is a nice axe.

Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Re: G&L ASAT classic bluesboy

G&Ls aren't under $1,000. G&L Tributes are

Comment

is that their asian brand or what?

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
        is that their asian brand or what?
        Yes.

Here'a an American made semi hollow version at Dave's, I think the solid is roughly similar in price. They are quite nice!

Dave's Guitar Shop is one of the largest independent guitar retailers in the Midwest! Shop our large selection of Fender, Gibson, Paul Reed Smith, Martin, Taylor, Rickenbacker and much, much more! We ship our new and used inventory worldwide.
        Last edited by Laughing Kookaburra; 01-24-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

G&L Tributes are well worth the money, but a real G&L Bluesboy is a GREAT tele.

If you have the opportunity to grab a used American G&L Bluesboy, do it.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

If your Dad is looking for a Telecaster, why are you looking at a G&L? G&L's are great guitars & I don't mean to diss them but if your dad wants a Tele no matter what you are looking at a Tele is what he wants!
            "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
            "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by Bludave View Post
              If your Dad is looking for a Telecaster, why are you looking at a G&L? G&L's are great guitars & I don't mean to diss them but if your dad wants a Tele no matter what you are looking at a Tele is what he wants!
              lol he wants the best tele style guitar. and a fender is not it.

Comment

I have 18 G&Ls, all are strat-bodied--except for an ASAT Deluxe, with twin 'buckers. I've gotten to the point where I hate hearing about G&L guitars. Simply, people are catching on to what great guitars these are and it's driving up the price of used G&Ls like crazy.

Really, these guitars are excellent values, and most G&L players compare the quality to the Fender Custom Shop models.

That's a beautiful guitar you've pictured, and my advice is--don't wait.

The secret is out!

Bill
                When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
                  my friend is an ESP and G&L dealer. my dad wants a tele, and i was telling him to check out the LTD TE-202, but my friend, the dealer said he was really disappointed in the quality of the TE-202 and recommended the G&L ASAT. i've always liked G&L, but i didnt know they were less than 1000 bucks.

and the ASAT bluesboy has a factory seth lover neck pup!. i'm like woa this is a nice axe.

ffs don't buy it !!!

You will be doomed to search the world for ever for more G&L goodness !

I didn't discover G&L until 2008, I have over twenty of them now

And yes, the secret does seem to be out.

Unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill View Post
                    I have 18 G&Ls, all are strat-bodied--except for an ASAT Deluxe, with twin 'buckers. I've gotten to the point where I hate hearing about G&L guitars. Simply, people are catching on to what great guitars these are and it's driving up the price of used G&Ls like crazy.

Really, these guitars are excellent values, and most G&L players compare the quality to the Fender Custom Shop models.

That's a beautiful guitar you've pictured, and my advice is--don't wait.

The secret is out!

Bill
                    Sucks, doesn't it?

Aside from everything else you've mentioned, they are also a great "old-fashioned" company to deal with. You need parts? You call 'em up, talk to someone, and get the parts. You need repair or service? Call 'em up and take the guitar down to Fullerton (or ship it). Need information? Call 'em up and they give it to you. You can order any guitar with specifications from their list of standard options (neck materials, fretboard materials, neck profiles, fret width, bridge, tuners), in whatever color you like. No B.S. with guitars only being available in two or three colors, one neck profile, one radius, one type of frets, one type of pickups, and having to pay 3 to 4 times as much for a Custom Shop guitar just to get the color, frets, fretboard, etc. that you want. You just order the instrument to your specs through a dealer, and choose from any one of their colors. It's the way every quality guitar company ought to be run.

And aside from all that, their import line of guitars is arguably the best import line out there. They smoke Mexican Fenders.
                    Last edited by ItsaBass; 01-25-2012, 04:17 AM.
                    Originally posted by LesStrat
                    Yogi Berra was correct.
                    Originally posted by JOLLY
                    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
                      And aside from all that, their import line of guitars is arguably the best import line out there. They smoke Mexican Fenders.
                      QFT.
                      Last edited by guitfiddle; 01-25-2012, 05:01 PM.
                      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

If I remember the Tributes have the same electronics and hardware as US made G&Ls. A quick google search will clear this up.

The G&L ASAT classics and Bluesboys are close to real Teles while the other ASATs are a bit different mainly due to the pickups. I had two that were really nice and let them both go BEFORE the word was own

Darn

Comment

I was on the G&L band wagon for a brief spell but have since sold all three of them. The ones that sounded great were terrible players, and the great players were lackluster in tone. Additionally I didn't find the company to be any different in dealing with than the larger shops.

With that said, I'm still tempted by the Asat Deluxe Korina.
                          PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
                          PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
                          GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
                          Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
                          Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
                          various pedals

Comment

When I bought my PRS SE I was looking at a Nashville tele that was on sale because the body was heavily dinged up, it played very nice though but when I requested a further discount the salesman motioned me towards the Squier line of tele's. His reasoning, more bang for the buck.

You can't go wrong with a G&L, Asian or American.

Comment

Working...
                            X