Ibanez S-Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez S-Series

Hi guys... I've always been interested in the S-series Ibanez guitar and the ZR bridge. Anyone have any experience?

I saw this on ebay and it looked like a good deal... what do you think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-IBANEZ-...item27c02c2dd1

Last edited by The Dali; 01-27-2012, 08:43 AM.
    -=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Re: Ibanez S-Series

Damn, you are right! some of the s-series have the ZR and others don't.

This one looks sweet and HAS the ZR bridge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190631067398...84.m1423.l2649

-=The Dali
    --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

My friend has had one for years and he recently convinced me to get one. the stock pups aren't the worst I have ever heard but they will still need to be replaced IMO. The ZR is great you can abuse that thing heavily and never fall out of tune...unless you're doing massive dives with brand new strings lol. The only downside is that because of the ball bearings you cant get that 'flutter' effect you can with other floyd types. Because of this I want to try the new edge bridge. Its based off the ZR with the reversed springs but its still on a knife edge.

Comment

I could never gel with the S's, mainly because of the ZR bridge so I already like that one a little better. Have you ever played one before? The freakishly thin body might throw you off if you're not expecting it.

But I just wonder what other sweet guitar is out there waiting for you @ $200. I'd shop around a bit.

Also; did they spraypaint the tuners n ****?

Comment

Working...
        X