Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best NGD in years!!!!

Originally posted by verbotenco View Post
    And no need to attack something personal man. It proves your unintelligent.
    Isn't that what you were just doing to him?

Why do you feel the need to be a colossal prick?
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by verbotenco View Post
      The fact is, the guitar is radically modified and it is in no way irreversible. A guitar like that normally would drop in value. If you had bought it for say 800 dollars, I wouldn't have said anything. But let's face it, as you admit it yourself, you overpaid for it. But if you believe it is okay for you, then it's fine. You believe what you want to believe. You are entitled to your own opinion.

If you are irritated by my statement before, hey this is the internet forum man. A forum, you know, it's a public place where everyone is free to speak out his/ her opinion. This is not like a corporate meeting behind closed doors. Like I said before, if you post something to the public, be prepared for negative comments. Where are you from by the way? North Korea?

And no need to attack something personal man. It proves your unintelligent. What the hell does my guitar skill or childhood have to do with this debate? Ha..ha..grow up dude. It's amazing to see someone (who's pushing 50) from an advanced country like the USA acting like a frustrated teen from China. What the hell.

ANd why do you care about my opinion? It's not like we know each other or something. You can trash me anyway you want, I don't give a damn. I don't know you and will definitely not meet you in person my whole life. Ha..ha..
      Well, I'm about as unintelligent as they get, guffaw! By the way, look at the comment I made above--I was playing around...mostly. I was kind of hoping you would poke fun back, but you seem to be pretty serious. How about we chalk that up to not being able to see facial expressions, hearing tone of voice etc. It's still not cool to throw negative stuff out there when someone's jazzed over a new item. If you can't understand that...

You can have all the opinions that you want, but sometimes it's just "the right thing to do" to keep them to yourself. As for the price, I wanted a Les Paul with a Floyd Rose, and with the Floyd, I felt it was worth the money. I can't do the route myself, and the cost of the Floyd plus a competent tech who could do the job would cost a bit more than if I just bought this guitar for $800 (which you're not going to find, even in this condition) and then had the work done. I don't "care" what you think in the end, but I like having conversations to know why someone thinks that way. As you said, this is a "discussion" board, so I discuss. I also respond in the same manner I was responded to. You responded like a doooosch, so I did the same--but I did it tongue in cheek. I also understand that we may have cultural differences, so I'm just letting you know that what you did is considered douchy territory around here.
      My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
      or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
      http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
      700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Hey, I like it, I could see myself buying that one for the money and I REALLY don't like Gibson (the company, not the guitars in general).

So, by virtue of me being, well, ME, whoever doesn't like that guitar is a complete and utter moron who shouldn't be allowed to touch a guitar with a 10-foot-pole on a penalty of being slathered in hamburger juice and being sent to Poldo (aka J. Wellington Wimpy) wrapped between two giant pieces of bread...

\/
        "Did somebody said hamburger?"

Last edited by KeeperOS; 02-04-2012, 02:57 PM.
        Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
        I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
        Originally posted by That90'sGuy
        Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

75lespaul,

Congrats...

I generally "hate" Floyd equipped LPs, Axcess and all... Of course, the value and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... So all cool.

But anyways, liked you guitar man. Very cool. I somehow "respect" those empty tailpiece holes and all.

Cool!

B
          FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

The thing about mojo is that it undefinable. It's a combination of looks, appeal and worn. The guitar looks to have been used and played. I don't know about you but the guitars I love are being played like crazy and are worn, used and have chips nicks and dings all over them, cause I use them. Use equals wear, sorry to mention that. Most of my guitars get the best of the best hardware when they're being build so there's no need to swap tuners, pickups or bridges but some have been modified anyway. That adds that sense of usability. 1300$ for a floyd'd les paul from the 80ies (if I recall correctly) is not that much, despite the fact that it's been modded. An 80ies LP goes for almost 2000 euro's, so 1000 euro's for a guitar like this is a steal anyway.

So, what the **** are we talking about? this guitar looks so, so sweet!

Comment

@75les paul could you humor me and post a pic of the studs of the floyd? I can't see the holes for the ToM being plugged and redrilled...?

Comment

Ok, just noticed that the locking nut was installed so that the screws would be at the highest point (most wood) of the volute. That was a nice touch I must admit.

Are there any tuning problems because of the geometry of the locking vs the original nut?

Looks cool as all heck though
                Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
                I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
                Originally posted by That90'sGuy
                Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                  @75les paul could you humor me and post a pic of the studs of the floyd? I can't see the holes for the ToM being plugged and redrilled...?
                  The TOM holes werent plugged as I found out last night, but the Floyd covers them nicely. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow of the studs. Thanks for complimenting the guitar too!

Originally posted by KeeperOS View Post
                  Ok, just noticed that the locking nut was installed so that the screws would be at the highest point (most wood) of the volute. That was a nice touch I must admit.

Are there any tuning problems because of the geometry of the locking vs the original nut?

Looks cool as all heck though
                  Thanks for the complimenting the guitar my friend! I like the way it looks too. I'm one of the weirdos that actually likes a guitar the more it's beat up. When I lock down the nut, the tuning goes way out and about a half step up. I compensated by tuning half step down and turning the adjusters all the way down before I locked it. I put all new electronics in it last night; I mean, everything. CTS pots for the volumes, Proline push/pulls for the tones, HUGE Russian made pio caps, Brobucker bridge, and Duncan Designed Jazz neck. I love the Duncan Designed Jazz. This is my fourth one and I still can't hear a major difference from the American model.

The guitar just sounds SICK now. The old electronics must have been bad, and it had those little brown disk caps too. I put the JB in another guitar to hear what it sounds like, and it sounds crazy!
                  My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
                  or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
                  http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
                  700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

Working...
                  X