"Genuine" '54 strat for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Genuine" '54 strat for sale

Why anyone would start a $30,000+ guitar at $2000 I've got NFI. If it is genuine it could be worth keeping an eye on. Not many pics for an axe like this.......most peeps would like shots of the pickup cavities and neck stamp.

I like the understated description "there is some neck wear"....... = almost no finish left.

Re: "Genuine" '54 strat for sale

I don't care to speculate on whether or not it is real. However, starting it low makes sense to me. I'll sometimes start an item well below it's value, with the confidence that it will be bid up to a reaasonable price. Of course, that price could be much higher if the guy would provide some better info. However, with on in that sort of shape, it can be hard to estimate a going value, so the low starting price takes care of that, and just places it in the hands of bidders.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

lol. zero feedback.
      it looks more like flood damage than anything else.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

With a guitar of this supposedly vintage , one would be wise to have photos of the neck heel along with the inside of the electronics, etc. I can see why the bidding is at $2,000.00 to start. The condition of that is really horrible.

Comment

Be nice if they had more pics and closeups.

Pickguard and arm tip look too white.

The saddles look a little off, although the bridge block does appear to be correct.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
          @ArizonaVoters

Comment

He's not gonna get **** for that listing it the way he did.

Then again... Maybe it's not worth ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Kramer Guy View Post
              With a guitar of this supposedly vintage , one would be wise to have photos of the neck heel along with the inside of the electronics, etc. I can see why the bidding is at $2,000.00 to start. The condition of that is really horrible.
              I agree, isn't there any pics of the neck heel, I think it's a sham!
              BASSES: Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass/Ric 4003 Bass (Blue)
              Fender 51 P Bass RI/Traveler Bass
              Schecter 5 String (Sunburst)/Gibson SG EBO RI
              Epiphone Rivoli (VC Sunburst)
              Warwick Thumb BO/Kramer DMZ 4000/
              Fender Jazz 72 RI (Sunburst)/Ernie Ball Earthwood ABG
              Fender P Bass (White)/DiPinto Belvedere Deluxe (Black)
              Gibson 09 Thunderbird (Sunburst)
              Fender Jazz Bass 5 string (Sunburst)/Fender HMT bass (Red)
              Gibson EBO

Comment

Well the pickup plastic looks right....and they where white the guards and tips...
                But too few closeups and such...
                Old crap......haha

Comment

IMO, the first rule of selling gear - especially nce gear - is plenty of pics. Good pix entice people to bid or buy.
                  If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                  DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

If I were selling a vintage guitar like this, the last place I'd use is Ebay. I'd go through a place like Gruhn Guitars or some other shop that has experience not only selling guitars like this, but in appraising and validating guitars like this. It provides much more comfort to both buyer and seller.

Then again, maybe this seller didn't do that because this is likely fake junk
                    After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

That fretboard has been trashed.

Comment

Terrible auction
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

If I were selling a vintage guitar like this, the last place I'd use is Ebay. I'd go through a place like Gruhn Guitars or some other shop that has experience not only selling guitars like this, but in appraising and validating guitars like this.
                          Indeed. It really makes no sense to sell a guitar like that on ebay, even if it's in Australia. I'd bet it's not genuine, or has some problem that makes it hard/impossible to officially certify that it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianS. View Post
                            Indeed. It really makes no sense to sell a guitar like that on ebay, even if it's in Australia. I'd bet it's not genuine, or has some problem that makes it hard/impossible to officially certify that it is what it is.
                            That would be my guess too. Jackson Rare Guitars is well known as vintage guitar experts in Aus (our version of Fretted Americana), and thats the first place I'd go to sell/appraise something of this nature.

The fretboard would interest many people, 'trashed' as it is. Relicing is so hot right now. (read this last bit like Mugatu from Zoolander)

Comment

Working...
                            X