anyone wanna talk me out of buying a sheraton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone wanna talk me out of buying a sheraton

I'd like to talk you out of buying a brand new one...but not a used one. They are solid bangs for the buck, but especially so on the used market. I've had three over the years. Liked 'em all. One (natural) started separating at the heel after a good knock while in the case, and I traded it to my guitar repair guy for an amazing birdseye Strat neck. He fixed it, then refinished it in tobacco sunburst and gave it to his wife. One (white) got stolen. It was perhaps the best playing semi hollow I've ever played. It's replacement (also white) I never bonded with because the neck just wasn't the same, and I sold it to a friend to fund my MIM Strat. I'd like to get one of the John Lee Hooker signature ones one day. Not the Korean ones, the American ones from about 8 years ago.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

yea i'm not getting a new one. they're all over craigslist around here around $500 or less.
      Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

I like the Sheraton's especially the old ones like Stevie Ray used.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
          Its getting seths or antiquities
          Whoa! Excellent choice! You'll love it.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Push to Shuv View Post
            Mine is getting Seths as well. The stockers are run of the mill epi pups, but seem better suited to this style of guitar than an epi LP.
            Another smart man.
            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

i love the way microphonic pickups sound in hollow/chambered bodies. sounds like seckxzs.

how microphonic are phat cat neck pups? or a P94? etc
              Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Working...
              X