• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: show us your bigsbys!

A little late, but here's mine:

Comment

^^^

Holy wow that's awesome. Is it a Gibson? Never saw a Zakk Epi with a maple board.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

a zakk with a bigsby. love it!
        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Zhaggy View Post
          Thanks guys.

I've always loved unusual guitars. I like it to be just enough different sothat it is. I love all the basic LP SG Strat Tele guitars. But everybody has them and they might begin to look dull. So when Gibson re-released these all-maple guitars I knew I wanted that and they were affordable. All the other maple-SGs were in solid colours with solid black pickguard. I've always loved the colour of natural wood partly because nobody has the same figure and the see-through pickguard was a nice surprise. I also like the hard-to-see fretboard inlays as they are almost the same colour as the fretboard itself.

I initially was going for gold Bigsby and then changed all other hardware to gold. But when I got it on finally it does look better. And the Bigsby and the Vibramate stuff in gold would have been much much more expensive here.
          I love that maple SG really, minus the Bigsby ;(

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
            ^^^

Holy wow that's awesome. Is it a Gibson? Never saw a Zakk Epi with a maple board.
            It's an Epi. I never wanted a signature guitar, or camo for that matter, although it's grown on me. I just wanted a _solid_ bodied LP. I traded my Epi Ultra II for it. Even without the Bigsby it's a monster for weight. I love it.

Bigsby, 57 Classic +, P-Rails neck set to P90. Never intended for metal, although it does that ok.

I've been thinking of stripping the top and painting it. But, I love that it's not normal

Comment

Working...
            X