Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Label?

Hey All,
    Looking at a 335 and trying to figure out where it was made.
    It is listed as a 2001. I am not well versed in Gibson manufacturing...a little help?

Re: Gibson Label?

Is that digit actually scribbled through on the label itself, or did someone do that just in the picture? If it's the latter then it's a 2005 model. I can't remember if they were in Nashville or Memphis then.

Comment

I did the scribble over the two digits.
      Found it confusing because I never saw that type of label before...only orange...and there's no city printed.

Comment

Ok, I didn't know you scribbled over two digits. Disregard my previous post. The year should be the first and fifth digits. Sorry that I can't help on where it was made. however, I have emailed Gibson before with my full serial numbers before and asked questions, and they've told me a bit about the guitars.

[email protected] I believe is the email. I think it may have taken a day or so before they replied.
        Last edited by JOLLY; 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

That's why Gibson SN's are confusing to me. The info. I found said something about the last three digits being about where it is made.
          I'll email Gibson and see if they can help.

Comment

It was made some time in the aughts. First and fifth numbers show the last two digits of the year, as Jolly said. The three in between them are the day of the year. Those first five make up the date code. The last three are the actual serial number.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

I just checked an old email of mine. I'm going to say that it was made in Memphis because of this email I received about my ES-335 and what year it is:

Hi,

Thanks for the email. The serial number is consistent with an ES-335 model in Wine Red finish and Gold hardware, made on the 118th day of 2003 in Memphis, TN. This model was made in standard production in 2003. Here is a link with more information on the model, http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...red-Gloss.aspx . Thanks again!

Comment

I emailed Gibson...we'll see what shakes out.
                Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
                X