Trapeze tailpiece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trapeze tailpiece

Just played a guitar with one of these for the first time. WOW, impressive tones - and this is from a chinese Hagstrom too. It seems to make the tone more 'air-y' if thats the right word compared with the standard stop + tunomatic.

I also hadn't realised that the trapeze sits off the body too, held up by the tension if the strings

Re: Trapeze tailpiece

Playing a 335 with a trap is a really cool experience, but in all honesty I prefer the sustain I get with a stop bar. I was torn when I was buying a 335. I kept going back and fourth between the stop bar & the trap..... The stop bar won!
    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Re: Trapeze tailpiece

I love trapeze tailpieces, they look great. I've got plenty of guitars with stop bars, I'd like a few more with trapezes. The only gold top LP I'd want is a '52 with a trapeze.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
      X