Keep or Deep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep or Deep?

Hey! I know Ive already done a thread on what to keep and what to part with. the results last time were inconclusive and Im actually approching with a diff angle and attitude this time..

Im thinning the herd which is hard cuz the economy is so crummy.. AND, I really do l love all my guitars, so it's not a matter of getting rid of the ones I like least.

matter of fact, Even my lowest line guitars are good enough that if Id have started on them, Id prolly have become better than I am, and probably wouldnt have become the gear Ho I am..
    Anyhow.Here are some of my thoughts.

When I play, ive been trying to evaluate the guitars and say, could I be happy with this? yeah.. So.....

My strat is decided on. I have a japanese squier strat.in great shape, sounds and plays great. Cost next to nothing and probably not worth much to sell.. I'll keep it. Got my strat tones covered

my bulk is superstrats and LP style guitars. Would you keep the most expensive (also the most valuable brand name) and sell the rest? Or?

Im not gonna list everything, cuz I dont want this to become about brand name. Here is an example tho:
    I have a Gibson Trad pro, A fantastic Burny, a great import Dean soltero. and others. ALL are worthy of being a #1 guitar.

So, I could keep the top names. Or keep the mid range and maybe make more selling the top ones. I like having the brand gear, but also love to see guys ripping up on lesser gear. So..
    Thoughts?? thanks
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Keep or Deep?

Need pics man...

"Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Keep the strat, your Tele, the Burny, and an Ibanez/guitar with a locking trem.

Sell the rest.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Yes we need pics! lol
        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
          Need pics man...

youve seen and played most all of them....
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Invite a friend over and have him randomly number and hand you your guitars in the dark. You play and rate em on playability and go from there. No cheating by feeling all over em either!

Comment

If they are all genuinely capable of being your number 1, from my experience I'd sell the ones that you will not lose so much money on and hopefully make a little.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                If they are all genuinely capable of being your number 1, from my experience I'd sell the ones that you will not lose so much money on and hopefully make a little.
                thats what Im thinking. I mean, I have some that to some of you guys, they arent the best. but they are definately better than I am as a player and gig worthy.. For example, my Michael Kelly Patriot Custom. Its a killer axe. My Dean Soltero. Its an import, but its a sick sick player. So, do I NEED my Gibson LP when I have that Soltero? Many guys would say keep the gibson cuz of the name and its a good axe, but, I prolly have a better chance to sell it and Id still have a great axe..
                I was thinking I should just keep the Gibson and keep my most "prestigious" trem guitar and sell others. But, I dont sound or play any better on my most expensive trem guitar than I do on my Charvel Pro Mod. The Charvel is giggable Im sure.
                So, this is how my thought pattern has changed recently..
                I have a Washburn HM24 that I got dirt cheap (modded pickups) that is fully capable of anything I can dish out to it..
                Im just trying to get realistic.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

If they are genuinly capable of being the #1, I'd sell the expensive ones...

Comment

A poll and pics.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Keep the Burny in a closet.
                      Keep any Strat with an OFR.
                      PLAY the Trad Pro.
                      MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
                      Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
                        Keep the Burny in a closet.
                        Keep any Strat with an OFR.
                        PLAY the Trad Pro.
                        Burny in a closet?

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Everybody seems to be pissing and moaning for pics
                          strats Im keeping

tele

LP

epi

lp

lp

michael kelly (amazing player)

trm axes

wash 526

mg130

mg130

mg104

charvel

carvin

charv 4

kramer pacer imperial

and here is the cheap, but killer washburn hm24

this is most..

Last but not least is my explorer.. KEEPER!! 59b and c8 bridge
                          Last edited by BloodRose; 02-04-2012, 01:59 PM.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

i would keep the Carvin and the Tele too
                            I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

Tele
                              Black Epi
                              Goldtop Gibby
                              Charvel So Cal
                              And the Carvin

Hell. Yes.

Comment

Working...
                              X