im beginning to not connect with my strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im beginning to not connect with my strat

ive had a 2003 american standard all white strat now for just over 2 years, always loved it, but recently, it just hasnt clicked like before. I keep playing it and trying to find a good spot for us but it just isnt happening. is this a sign to sell it? or does this just happen and in time ill find the goodness again
    i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Re: im beginning to not connect with my strat

I think it's normal. Try a different guitar for a few days, then try the strat as a break. This works for me.

Comment

what specifically are you not gelling with?

Comment

That happens alot with white guitars.
        " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

Comment

"Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Me too. But it's been 4 years.

No idea why anyone can play a Strat - they seem really...clingy clangy
            my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post

They are.....Unless you learn how to get them to sound right by knowing how....Again...A good amp and stuff after the guitar helps also.

Bridge tone control is always a must and I normally go for a beefier and less bright bridge pickup.
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

the thing i recently bought a cp jazzy and love the feel but bought it cause i was too cheap to build it myself which is what i really wanted, i really dont need the strat and pretty soon it will start collecting dust and if i sell it now i can return the jazzy and do the build i originally planned
                i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

Originally posted by o.p-i.v View Post
                  the thing i recently bought a cp jazzy and love the feel but bought it cause i was too cheap to build it myself which is what i really wanted, i really dont need the strat and pretty soon it will start collecting dust and if i sell it now i can return the jazzy and do the build i originally planned
                  CP Jazzy?
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by ImmortalSix View Post

John Mayer seems to do OK with one.
                    Originally posted by tone4days
                    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
                      John Mayer seems to do OK with one.
                      And a whole ton of other great strat players! We kinda covered this topic recently... ;o) I'm not going to revisit this again too deeply!

Whatever floats one's boat!

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                        And a whole ton of other great strat players! We kinda covered this topic recently... ;o) I'm not going to revisit this again too deeply!

Whatever floats one's boat!
                        I have been doing relatively okee-dokee with one for almost 30 years.
                        Originally posted by tone4days
                        we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                          CP Jazzy?
                          Classic Player Jazzmaster

Comment

I've been a Strat player for ten years and haven't experienced this yet. I'd say try not playing it for a few days. Then if you still have that issue, try selling it and finding another guitar... Maybe that's just not the one for you.
                            ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
                            2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
                            Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by bungalowbill View Post
                              I have been doing relatively okee-dokee with one for almost 30 years.
                              I'm not as long,but long enough to know how to get around on them...Heck I own 5 of em! ;o)

Comment

Working...
                              X