New Guitars with Seymour Duncan Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitars with Seymour Duncan Pickups

We've put up a post with many new guitars with Seymour Duncan Pickups. Which one strikes your fancy?

Here is a sampling of some of the new guitars announced at NAMM that feature Seymour Duncan pickups. From Schecter, the Blackjack SLS series: From Godin Guitars, the CORE featuring a model with Seymour Duncan P90’s. From Jarrell Guitars, the Monte Pittman Signature line. CJ Pierce of Drowning Pool shows us his new Eagle Gold...

I've always had a soft spot for the feel of the MPS, but the Godin played exceptionally well. I haven't played the others (got to briefly play the Gus-600NT and it was good too.)

Re: New Guitars with Seymour Duncan Pickups

I've always wanted a Mustang like Kurt's In Utero Japanese ones. but alas, 24 Inch scale sucks for my man hands. but these look sharp and Kurt would have fell in love with them.

I recently spoke on FB with E.Bailey Kurts and now the FF's tech and he told me Kurt's vandalism strat had a mahog. body and a 59n in the bridge. very cool info and quite an oddball guitar. now if they do that one. I may bite. due to the 25.5 scale.

other than that the guitar with the modded dime and p-rail and hot stack middle with all 13 or so tones looks epic too.
    #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
    #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
    #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
    #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
    #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
    Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
    Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
    Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

Intrigued by this; something that they should've done ages ago.
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

i'm glad ESP is starting to offer more duncan-equipped guitars instead of EMG's. they still have a long way to go though.
        Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
          Intrigued by this; something that they should've done ages ago.
          It's the first Parker that I'm thrilled to see and would consider buying. Too bad it costs 6k...
          Originally posted by Jamie Hyneman
          When in doubt... C4
          "Biologists think they are biochemists,
          Biochemists think they are Physical Chemists,
          Physical Chemists think they are Physicists,
          Physicists think they are Gods,
          And God thinks he is a Mathematician."

"Physicists defer only to mathematicians, mathematicians defer only to God."

Comment

! why does it have to have a 12th fret inlay?!
            Last edited by dr. ad; 02-08-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Those Schecters have always caught my eye because the standard tone of EMGs has never sat well with me. The Blackjack series is definitely my favorite Schecter guitar line.
              Originally posted by jmh151
              I'd hit that so hard that whoever could pull me out would be the King of England
              Originally posted by jeremy
              like if we were walking down the sidewalk and you said "hey check her out" chances are i already saw her and mentally sodomized her
              Originally posted by grumptruck
              Media only reports on what the sheeple wanna see/hear/read.
              Sometimes not read.
              dats hard

Comment

This is GREAT to see!! I get sooo frustrated that SOO many new guitars come stock with EMGs anymore. Its like overkill. Plus, they are a pain cuz you cant swap just the pickups like you could if guitars just came with crappy OEMs.. You have to do pots and all. The only positive is that its cool to see companies putting good quality stuff in guitars and prices reasonable.
                but its like 85% of the bc rich's, ltds and schecters have emgs.

I used to have one of the orig Gus G Ltds and it had a floyd (wish the new ones did) and came with a Dist/59 set and it ripped!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Can't help it. I LOVE the shiny sparkly ESP!!!!!! I love shiny things...

The Parker is cool, and the Schecters as well.

LTD Gus G = WIN.

Lot's of Blackouts I see. I'm installing on here in a day or so.
                  Originally posted by Bad City
                  He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I was pefectly fine until i saw this:

Very tempting, even moreso now that it has Duncans...

If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                    DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

I want one of these....

Comment

I thought Kurt Cobain was a longtime Super Distortion user. I was wrong.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        Can't help it. I LOVE the shiny sparkly ESP!!!!!! I love shiny things...

The Parker is cool, and the Schecters as well.

LTD Gus G = WIN.

Lot's of Blackouts I see. I'm installing on here in a day or so.
                        +1 for the ESP. And Parker should do that 7-string thing a long time ago,many user in sevenstring forum wishes for that one.

I just wish there are 7-string flying Vs,classic Gibson style. But not made by Gibson
                        Originally posted by GuitarDoc
                        Don't take yourselves, or anything for that matter, too seriously. We're born, we live, then we die. All of us. Just the same.

Comment

digging the Godin and Fender offerings.

Lots of import guitars come stock with Duncans - probably as a way to imply quality - but I like to see more traditional, north-american-based manufactures using Duncans as OEM parts in their guitars.
                          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Oh, imagine if Gibson/Epiphone came already equipped with Duncans...!!! They'd sell like hot cakes!
                            If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
                            DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

I'd like to try the Mustang - though I've always loved the original Jazzmaster/Jaguar sounds.

There is also this one:

In 1997, Antares Audio Technologies revolutionized vocal production with the introduction of Auto-Tune pitch correction technology. In 1994, Parker revolutionized the electric guitar with the introduction of the Parker Fly. Now, Parker and Antares have partnered to create the Parker ATDF842 MaxxFly, the first guitar to integrate the full range of Auto-Tune For Guitar features in a state-of-the art electric guitar.

The new Parker Auto-Tune MaxxFly, combines everything that makes a Parker guitar unique with all of the power of Auto-Tune for Guitar. Instant string tuning, Solid-Tune Intonation, an extensive selection of guitar and pickup models, a wide variety of popular (as well as unique) alternate tunings, and a virtual capo that provides a full two-octave range make the Parker Auto-Tune MaxxFly one of the world's most advanced guitars.

Key Parker Auto-Tune MaxxFly features include:

Instant String Tuning
                              With the Parker Auto-Tune MaxxFly, you can tune all six strings instantly with the push of a button (no motors or gears required). Simply strum the strings, trigger String Tuning via a button or foot switch, and your guitar is instantly in tune.

The Solid-Tune Intonation System
                              Less-than-perfect intonation muddies a guitar's tone. But by using the Auto-Tune for Guitar's Solid-Tune Intonation system, the Parker Auto-Tune MaxxFly constantly monitors the precise pitch of each individual string and makes any corrections necessary to ensure that every note of every chord and riff is always in tune, regardless of variables like finger position or pressure. As a result, listening to a guitar with Solid-Tune is a revelation, offering a purity of tone that has simply never before been possible.

Additionally, Solid-Tune is smart enough to know when players intend to manipulate pitch, so they can play bends and vibrato exactly as they always always have. Solid-Tune Intonation even makes it easier to bend to the right pitch every time.

Alternate Tuning
                              Using Auto-Tune's proprietary pitch detection and extremely high-quality pitch shifting, Auto-Tune for Guitar lets players quickly select from among popular alternative tunings as well as dramatic new tunings that would be physically impossible without Auto-Tune for Guitar.

Virtual Capo
                              The Auto-Tune MaxxFly provides a virtual capo that allows the player to shift pitch both up and down a full octave so they can play in any key or range. This allows players to play open chords in different keys at their traditional positions down at the bottom of the neck.

Guitar and Pickup Modeling
                              With Auto-Tune for Guitar's guitar and pickup modeling, the player has a virtually unlimited variety of classic and modern tones at their fingertips. Antares' proprietary modeling technology lets them select a guitar/pickup combo and then select from the pickup configurations that would be available on the original guitar.

-------

Wow. Don't know what to say about that one but I'd certainly love to try it. Did anyone play one at NAMM?
                              Last edited by Scott Olson; 02-07-2012, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X