LTD EC1000 t/ctm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LTD EC1000 t/ctm

Anyone played these?? They are thicker , and dont have the belly cut like a reg lp. And, no abalone.. (alot of guys complain about that)

Im just wondering how they are. I like the EC1000s but the thin body and belly cut feel odd to me.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: LTD EC1000 t/ctm

Haven't played one, but they seem pretty cool! I'd love the white one with a gold set of Duncans.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

yeah, thats the bummer with them as usual. The Black and white have EMGs. The burst ones have Duncans.. I like solid colors.. I would have probably bought one of the purple ones a couple yrs ago if they didnt have the emgs...
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Ya I think with the the EMG's, you either love them or hate them. I have them in my LTD MH-400NT. At first I didn't like them at all, then I switched them around and started to like them a little bit, and now I'm not liking them so much again. Lol I'm debating whether to swap the pups, or sell it and get a different axe that I have my eye on at the moment. But to get back on topic lol... Yes I agree, I wish they would put Duncans instead of EMG's in more of their guitars. I've been wanting to pick up another EC/Eclipse model guitar, but almost all have EMG's. And I don't use those pickups for any of the music that I gig and play live .
        Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

I may be one of the few, but I actually dug the abalone.

Without playing one of the new ones, I would imagine it may be closer to the feel of the 400 series.

When I had both the EC 401, 400 and 1000 series, the 400 and 401 always felt heavier and more LP like than the 1000 series did. They were thicker in size and heavier in weight.
          Originally posted by grumptruck
          No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
          Originally posted by Gear Used
          PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
          Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
          Mesa Stiletto Ace
          Gurus 5015
          Mesa Widebody 1X12
          Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by mwalluk View Post
            I may be one of the few, but I actually dug the abalone.

Without playing one of the new ones, I would imagine it may be closer to the feel of the 400 series.

When I had both the EC 401, 400 and 1000 series, the 400 and 401 always felt heavier and more LP like than the 1000 series did. They were thicker in size and heavier in weight.
            I dont mind the abalone either. yeah, the 1000T/ctm is thicker and heavier. I had a 400AT and LOVEd it. Was a beast..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I don't own one myself but my rhythm player plays one and I really dig the sound he gets, it's pretty thick for EMGs. I've taken it for a spin a couple times, and just like most other LTDs the quality is pretty good for the price, and the ebony fretboard feels great.
              sigpic

Comment

I for 1 am glad to hear that as I've just bought an EC401 myself off Ebay

Comment

Originally posted by Brow View Post
                  Nice score. What color?

I had the Burst one.

Truth be told, I sold my LTD EC1000 in favor of my EC401VF. The 401 just gave off a true LP vibe. It wasn't as flashy looking, but it had the mojo.

I eventually sold all my LTDs and purchased a Gibson.

I still look at LTDs now, maybe down the line I'll pick up another one for a backup guitar.

I started getting excited when I saw them adding Floyds to the mix. LP+Floyd+EMG = insane hard rock riffage.
                  Originally posted by grumptruck
                  No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
                  Originally posted by Gear Used
                  PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
                  Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
                  Mesa Stiletto Ace
                  Gurus 5015
                  Mesa Widebody 1X12
                  Pedalboard

Comment

Originally posted by Maz View Post
                    I don't own one myself but my rhythm player plays one and I really dig the sound he gets, it's pretty thick for EMGs. I've taken it for a spin a couple times, and just like most other LTDs the quality is pretty good for the price, and the ebony fretboard feels great.
                    Cool! I forgot it has an ebony board..

Originally posted by Brow View Post
                    Congrats! I think they have changed the 400s since I had mine.. Mine was very thick and had the earvana nut and jb/59 set. The only reasons I sold was because I prefer the 4 knob set up of a LP and i wasnt a huge fan of the gold.. I regret selling it soo much.. Id have adaped to the 3 knobs.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Damn, those are sweet! My wallet's gonna hate me...
                      -Mike-

Originally posted by rhymes with metalchurch79
                      I take peoples advice after i do some quick math to determine if the lie detector test determines they are full of sh**. Take their post count x 5minutes per post = how much time they didnt spend playing or working on their guitars. The Pros will be spotted right away.

Comment

Nice score. What color?

I had the Burst one.

Truth be told, I sold my LTD EC1000 in favor of my EC401VF. The 401 just gave off a true LP vibe. It wasn't as flashy looking, but it had the mojo.

I eventually sold all my LTDs and purchased a Gibson.

I still look at LTDs now, maybe down the line I'll pick up another one for a backup guitar.

I started getting excited when I saw them adding Floyds to the mix. LP+Floyd+EMG = insane hard rock riffage.
                        Thanks! I got the white 1 with no abalone flash and EMGs

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                        Congrats! I think they have changed the 400s since I had mine.. Mine was very thick and had the earvana nut and jb/59 set. The only reasons I sold was because I prefer the 4 knob set up of a LP and i wasnt a huge fan of the gold.. I regret selling it soo much.. Id have adaped to the 3 knobs.
                        The 1 I've bought has the Earvana nut and the full LP body thickness, I think it's the EC1000 that has all the flash abalone and thinner body if I recall?

Comment

yeah, the 1000 has all the fancies.. I thought they thinned out and did the belly cut on the 400. the one I had was flat back, no carves, earvanna nut and all. The last 400 i tried at the store was thin and different..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                          X