DOWN's Tone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOWN's Tone...

...Is absolutly amazing! It has to be the best metal tone EVER!!!! Its really heavy but it has that vintage feel to it!

Does any1 know what guitars and amps they used? I know they only hired that equipment while recording.
    R.I.P. DIMEBAG

My Guitwangs:
    Customized Beast! :saeek:
    (JB, EMG Select pups)
    Ibanez Rg 1570L
    Martinez MFC-13L (Acoustic)
    J&D Luthier Bass.

Amps:
    Peavey Classic30

STEVE VAI is 2nd to God! :notworthy
    Frank Zappa Rules! :notworthy

Re: DOWN's Tone...

I think Pepper used old Marshalls and Gibson SG / Fender Tele on the NOLA album. On Down II, Pepper had the ESP "sg" and Randall amp? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Yeah!

"There's sumthing on my side!"
      R.I.P. DIMEBAG

My Guitwangs:
      Customized Beast! :saeek:
      (JB, EMG Select pups)
      Ibanez Rg 1570L
      Martinez MFC-13L (Acoustic)
      J&D Luthier Bass.

Amps:
      Peavey Classic30

STEVE VAI is 2nd to God! :notworthy
      Frank Zappa Rules! :notworthy

Comment

..If you also want to know about some pups that work well for the Down sound?..
        ..The Pearly Gates(neck) Custom Custom(bridge) Custom(bridge) & the Invader(bridge) all work well.
        A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
        This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

I asked Kirk from Down this very same question. He told me that on NOLA he used Gibson guitars thru a JCM800; while Pepper used ESP's thru a Rivera amp of some sort. When I saw them on the Down II tour, they were both playing thru Randall amps.

Comment

yeah, casblah's right on the money. on II, kirk used a goth SG and pepper mainly used his main esp SG with an anderson H3 pickup in the bridge (i have one and HIGHLY reccomend it for down tone and in general) and a P90 in the neck. pepper also used some teles and strats, and i think they both did some solos with phil's old SG with the vibrola thing and single P90
            Originally posted by Aceman
            It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
            X