Found an old body I sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found an old body I sold

Not 100% sure, but I am almost entirely sure it is the same body I sold about 4 years ago, and regretted selling, and found it now again on Ebay for about the same price I sold it for back then , but more banged up and now "modified"..
    The only thing they did to the neck pocket was "Routed to accept either a Tele or a Strat neck"
    What that means I have no idea, and I am beggining to be scared about that.
    I could send it back, but being as I have spent some considerable energy regretting ever selling this bod in the first place, I would prefer to keep it now.

What do you make of that neck pocket? I'm just so sorry you cannot copy pictures from Ebay any longer and repost. I had to post the entire auction link. To me, thats an illegal monopoly over property , but what do I know.

Here it is;
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-09-2012, 05:31 PM.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Re: Found an old body I sold

they flattened the bottom edge of the pocket. A tele neck would fit very nice, but now a strat neck will have gaps in the corners. The strat neck would be prone to rotating in the pocket. If you tightened the screws really well it would hold but one little bump on the side of the neck and it could move.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkMatter View Post
      they flattened the bottom edge of the pocket. A tele neck would fit very nice, but now a strat neck will have gaps in the corners. The strat neck would be prone to rotating in the pocket. If you tightened the screws really well it would hold but one little bump on the side of the neck and it could move.
      Hmmm. Could be time to shelve the body for the time being , and have Warmoth make a custom Strat neck to Tele specs eventually ..IF they can do it..cause I dont like a Strat body with a Tele headstock, but guess I could live with it...Too much trouble, but its waht needs to be done..when will I ever learn you can never go back!
      Thanks!
      Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-09-2012, 05:48 PM.
      "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Here you go. Take that link to the auction down. I'd hate to see you get orpheo'd.

Comment

Did you buy it?

Hope ya didn't get Orpheo'd!

Comment

Orpheo smells fresh blood

Comment

The auction has ended. Did you buy it or were you O'd?

Comment

Der neckpocket ate him!

Comment

Can someone point to the thread which all this Orpheo'd stuff is from? I am lost, I missed something and I feel left out now, what's the deal?
                  "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

Originally posted by JordanM82 View Post
                    Can someone point to the thread which all this Orpheo'd stuff is from? I am lost, I missed something and I feel left out now, what's the deal?
                    https://forum.seymourduncan.com/showthread.php?t=233067
                    -
                    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I saw the thread title and though maybe Jerry found a home for one of the dead hookers in his crawlspace. hahaha
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                        I saw the thread title and though maybe Jerry found a home for one of the dead hookers in his crawlspace. hahaha
                        Just barely beat me to it

Comment

No, I bought the body. I think I ended up paying about 5 more dollars then I sold it for way back when. Again, I'm not entirely certain its the same one, but it sure looks like it.
                          I actually wouldn't have bought it back again at the price I paid- years ago in excellent original unmodified condition, but for some reason I thought he meant they widened the neck pickup slot for a Tele neck pickup.
                          As far as a Strat neck into a Tele body per se, thats a big disappointment, but not a huge concern, cause I have several of those now ( Teles with Start necks).
                          What IS a concern is if the "modification " is a botched job.
                          So..is it the same body?
                          Last edited by MetalManiac; 02-10-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                            No, I bought the body. I think I ended up paying about 5 more dolalrs then I sold it for. Again, I'm not entirely certain its the same one, but it sure looks like it.
                            I actually wouldn't have bought it back again at the price I paid- which turned out to be about 5 dollars more than I sold it for 4 years ago in excellent original unmodified condition, but for some reason I thought he meant they widened the neck pickup slot for a Tele neck pickup.
                            As far as a Strat neck into a Tele body per se, thats a big disappointment, but not a huge concern, cause I have several of those now ( Teles with Start necks).
                            What IS a concern is if the "modification " is a botched job.
                            So..is it the same body?

Vs.

Comment

Looks like it... looking at certain points in the flame, they match up pretty damn well...
                              Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                              Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X