Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tele Build Preview

Originally posted by AniML View Post
    Are the fret ends bad enough to fix or is it maybe dry winter weather shrinking the wood a bit?
    Hard to say, I've never done fret work. Hell, almost everything I'm posting in this thread I've never done before.

Speaking of, here is the neck attached. I made sure the strings had good placement on the board before I drilled and screwed it in. The low e is not perfectly over the pickup screw, but close enough for a big oscillating string.

Comment

the low e to high e at the bridge is exactly 52mm, hopefully a trembucker was the right choice for the bridge.

Comment

I strapped it on with the snakeskin, this is an extremely light guitar! I hear that is a good sign of swamp ash quality. Ever so slightly neck heavy, but a leather strap and a bridge pickup will cure that. I'm hanging up this guitar for the night, it's happy hour in Chicago!

Comment

the gap between the bucker ring and the pick guard looks good to me. I like it.

Comment

never liked humbuckers in the bridge of teles, but it looks cool, and if thats what you want then congrats
            i saw this band, and thought they were really great, until i saw what the guy was playing through........

Comment

gorgeous guitar!
              maybe JB8 instead of the JB. i dont want that stock A5 to bark at you too much!
              my youtube channel
              www.youtube.com/surfacexmusic
              my Industrial music for sale here
              http://surfacex.bandcamp.com/
              my soundcloud page
              https://soundcloud.com/surfacex
              my new soundcloud just for the gear demos i do
              https://soundcloud.com/surfacex-geardemos

Comment

I've always wanted to try a JB, this guitar is a pretty good candidate for it if seymour duncan has anything to say about it. I'm a pickup swapping fiend though so I expect to go through 3 or 4 more candidates

Comment

I installed the bridge pickup today. The only thing left to do is actually wire this thing, screw in the pickguard, screw in a string tree, and put some strings on it!

For those of you interested in tele bridges like this, yes you have to remove the whole bleeping bridge, including every other saddle, in order to install the pickup. That is the price you pay for using a bridge as a pickup ring. If the previous owner didn't include this bridge I would have gone for the normal bridge and a separate pickup ring like the blacktop series. I'm very happy with the string alignment with the pickup, it is perfect.

Comment

Just found a fender font, taped a piece of paper on the headstock to help me gauge my options

Comment

Working...
                    X