Most reliable strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most reliable strings

can as many of you possible please give some suggestions on reliable 4 string sets for electric bass. Although i have settled on guitar strings and have been using Ernie balls for over 15 years, i have not found bass strings i am completely satisfied with. i have experience with rotos's, ernies and trace elliots. Everything from premature breakage and or dimming/dulling. I would really appreciate as much long term users with product X as possible. If it helps i tend to use 45-105 and nickle round wound.

How i got the nick name Buckethead. It was Easter Sunday 1984 and my grandmother bought me a Plastic bucket with Easter eggs and candy, to which i promptly dumped all said contents and put the bucket on my head. I am not the musician Buckethead nor do i claim to be.

Re: Most reliable strings

Blue Steels have always been my favorite. They sound great and are really full. They also last for quite a long time.

Comment

Re: Most reliable strings

I went through a few brands before I settled on good ol' Fender Nickel-plated steel roundwound bass strings. I like the feel of the wind and they sound good. Cheaper too!
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

Working...
      X