banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Own or have Played An Epi Masterbuilt Acoustic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Own or have Played An Epi Masterbuilt Acoustic?

These guitars looks really nice and I am considering buying one. Has anybody played one of these? How do they compare to other acoustics you have played?

I know Zakk Wylde and Dave Rude form Tesla plays them.

I am having a hard time deciding on which Masterbilt to get.

The options are:

DR-500MCE
    DR-500ME
    EF- 500R

I know that Alex Lifeson plays/played the EF 500R so it must be good but I am curious about the other ones. Which one would you recommend? I know the DR ones have more electronic options going o

Re: Does Anyone Own or have Played An Epi Masterbuilt Acoustic?

I have played one, and to be honest, it was really good for the money. It was probably the best epi I've played. It was an AJ-500ME if that means anything to you.
    My Blog: thisismyhatnow.blogspot.com

Originally posted by kevlar3000
    The smoker is great at adding a few decades, kinda like having Keith Richards breathe on yer guitar for a few hours...
    Originally posted by CTN
    I will kill you. Then I will resuscitate you, so you can watch me steal your new Tokai and play some horrible sounding ultra-dissonant death metal on it, then I will kill you again.
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! DC RESISTANCE DOES NOT DETERMINE ACTUAL OUTPUT OF A PICKUP.

Comment

Re: Does Anyone Own or have Played An Epi Masterbuilt Acoustic?

I'd say that they're more than good "for the money". They're just good. Not spectacular, but the workmanship it takes to make a cheaper guitar sound great, and play great is there.

As for which one to get...do you do finger style, or flat pick more? The biggest differences in their models, other than scale length, are the size of the bodies, and especially the width of the neck at the nut. It's hard to do some of those really quick runs in D or G when the neck is wider than you expect.
      Last edited by guitfiddle; 02-11-2012, 11:52 AM.
      - Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
      Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
      The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
      X