X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les Paul Trad Mahogany

I am wanting to try one of these out

All mahogany with a light finish = win

Hoping that the skinny neck isn't the ultra skinny and that plek job is all right
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: Les Paul Trad Mahogany

Great for Black Metal as well.
    Thank you.

Comment

Necks vary on Gibsons and Epi's, intentionally I think, so players have more choice. Check it out or have the seller measure it for you.
      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

I got an email about those yesterday from Gibson. I liked the look of the red one.

Comment

Ooh. I really dig the red AND the black one.

Comment

damn man, they look great. I like this so much more than the faded series.
            2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker

Comment

3K MSRP means what, 2K retail?

Eh.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
              Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

I like the look of these. Will certainly have a different tone to a typically constructed Les Paul. 60's neck is good for me too, and even more unusually they are all available LH.

Comment

The red one all the way for me. They did the Classic in all mahogany as a limited run a few years back, maybe as a guitar of the week? The neck were toothpicks so I didn't pick one up but this might be the one.
                  My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

The red one yeah

Think you could order one without the pickguard holes drilled already, why the **** do they do that?
                    My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Because les pauls look better for a lot of us with the pickguard.

Comment

Look at one of these instead: http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Elec...Exclusive.aspx.

Get the guaranteed best price on Solid Body Electric Guitars like the Gibson Les Paul Studio Mahogany Electric Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Much better value, plus it comes with a fatter neck, and you can get an ebony board by purchasing the white one.

I like the sunburst one, but I would never in a million years pay $2,100 for one of them. At that price, it should have a spit-polished finish and a neck profile that I like. $1,000 for an all-mahogany studio with an ebony fretboard, or $700 to $800 for a used one? Heck yeah.

But what is sorely lacking from both of them is a pair of P90's instead of those humbuckers...at least as an option.
                        Last edited by ItsaBass; 02-12-2012, 03:30 AM.
                        Originally posted by LesStrat
                        Yogi Berra was correct.
                        Originally posted by JOLLY
                        I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                          That's fine but is it all that hard to drill your own holes to attach it. I hate pickguards on LPs and I hate having the holes left behind. Put the pickguard in the case and let the player decide.

The Studios don't do it for me, I'll stay with a Special at that point and have the P-90's. Don't care much for the ebony Gibson has been using lately, it has an odd feel to it.

I doubt very much I am buying a new Gibson anytime soon but they definitely hit the radar for me with that one and I am GAS-ing.
                          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                            Depends. I leave them on with solid finishes, but with good flames I usually take them off. Why hide beautiful wood grain with a piece of plastic?
                            "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                            "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                            "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

You guys...I actually LIKE the toothpick necks. There are more of us carnies out here than you might think.

Comment

Working...
                              X