new holes for bolt-on neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new holes for bolt-on neck

i have two strat style guitars. one is a squier, and the other is a warmoth. i really like the neck of my squier strat, but the guitar body is a little too dark for my taste, and i want to combine the two. the problem is, the holes drilled for the squier strat arent exactly right for the warmoth body.

how difficult would it be for an untrained hobbyist such as myself to drill new holes in both the neck and guitar, so that they fit?

Re: new holes for bolt-on neck

It's very easy to do. Don't half ass things and use matchsticks or toothpicks. Just buy some oak dowel and some wood glue. Fill the holes with the glue and tap in the dowels. Let it dry for a few days and then trim the dowels flush with the heel. Sand the heel level, mark the holes and re-drill. I have done it many times.

Comment

^ Everything he said. I've done it as well and it's not difficult. Wouldn't you want to use maple dowels though?
      "Everything must be black, like the storm of justice!"

Comment

Originally posted by SabbathFan0220 View Post
        ^ Everything he said. I've done it as well and it's not difficult. Wouldn't you want to use maple dowels though?
        Any hardwood will do.

Comment

Working...
        X