Raw Vintage Strat Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Vintage Strat Springs

Bought a set to try out in my favorite strat...Anxious to see if they make a difference?

Will report back..
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Raw Vintage Strat Springs

I'm pretty sure you will hear an improvement. Certainly did with mine

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      I'm pretty sure you will hear an improvement. Certainly did with mine
      Hope so....The $20 didn't break the bank and I have read alot about them and the little bit I've read here.Think my blue strat is the guinea pig! ;o)
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I've put them in 2 guitars - Can't tell much of a difference in sound. Certainly not plugged in. What they did do for me is soften the action a little (went with 4 with a set of 10s), which was nice.

Comment

Originally posted by LReese View Post
          I've put them in 2 guitars - Can't tell much of a difference in sound. Certainly not plugged in. What they did do for me is soften the action a little (went with 4 with a set of 10s), which was nice.
          Same here.....No tonal difference that I can honestly say I hear....I use .010s and also went with 4 springs...The tension is just a bit on the stiffer side and I normally use 3 springs and with the claw screws in quite a bit...

Took awhile to get everything to settle in to where the guitar would stay in tune...Lots of whammy bar use,pulling on the strings,some lube here and there,retune,etc...Seems to be staying in tune pretty decent..I don't use the whammy bar much and when I do,it's pretty subtle...I had the bridge on the body and so now I'm happy to have it about 3/32" off the back and have things floating again..

Comment

I've had 5 RV springs (11-48) in the Old Dear for the past couple of months, and I dig 'em. I'm about to try their saddles next to compare them to the Callahams.

Cheers........................................ wahwah
            Highway Star
            Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
            Mistreated
            Cause We Ended As Lovers
            Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
            Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
              I've had 5 RV springs (11-48) in the Old Dear for the past couple of months, and I dig 'em. I'm about to try their saddles next to compare them to the Callahams.

Cheers........................................ wahwah
              I wanted to use all 5 springs,but It was like the claw was adjusted back way too far and the springs didn't have what I felt were enough tension...I like the springs to be slightly "sprung open" even when the bridge is at rest..

Comment

I use 4 with 9s in my Ibanez - 5 was too much and 3 not enough. I mostly use the Floyd for subtle vibrato and the occasional dive, so it doesn't need to be that spongy.

Smooth feel is the winner; difference in tone negligible, perhaps ever so slightly rounder highs... So I reckon they're worth it.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                X