banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BEHOLD! NDIDVD!!!! (Dominus/Dean Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BEHOLD! NDIDVD!!!! (Dominus/Dean Content)

Originally posted by verbotenco View Post
    Hey man that's a very beautiful craftsmanship! How did you get the neck hole filled so smooth. Did you insert like a compound along the edge? Like plastering a wall with cement after the bricks have been layered?
    The pickup cav is almost exactly the width of the shims. I just cut and stacked until it was almost flush.

Then I stuffed elmers wood fill down in it, let it dry for like a month, and finally filled/sanded/filled/sanded/filled/sanded until it was even. I shot a little paint over it to check.

After all the paint/clear layers, not a line to be seen.

Actually, i tried to spray over a little black that crept under the masking, ad that made a slightly raised area undert the orange. Very hard to see.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by masta' c View Post
      Aceman, most of the time I leave your threads wondering if you're really about 2 IQ points away from being legally retarded, but THAT right there proves you are an ABSOLUTE GENIUS!

Can he build it? YES HE CAN!
      Bravo!

I'm kind of an Idiot Savant. Evan thought I was a 13 year old in my parents basement for quite some time. But I was also the only guy on the factory tour who had heard of Six Sigma....when i'm not figuring out really complicated crap, I default to idiot mode.

Again - up close it's not perfect. I feel prety ok for a first time out of the gate though.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        I'm kind of an Idiot Savant.
        DON"T SAY THAT!! ( what the hell does that make someone like me??)
        "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

i love this.
          well done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
            That's actually really cool haha
            Yeah, it really is!
            Originally posted by Jessie's ghost
            I like having the stop bar all the way down. Sue me. I've got like six dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
              DON"T SAY THAT!! ( what the hell does that make someone like me??)
              Idiot Pervert - totally different concept.

Comment

Cool, thatīs really nice idea, especially with the strap suited to the job.

Comment

OK, Ace. You did it. You got me.

That project guitar is sooo cool . I couldn't help myself. I bought a used Vendetta for $75. Gonna strip it and rebuild it. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, I just know that I want to do something. It'll probably be fairly conservative.

I think I'm gonna keep the bridge hummer pup rout, fill in the neck rout, and add a Strat middle single. I want to be able to split the hummer and get that #2 position Strat quack. No final ideas yet, but you sure got me started thinking.

Again, very nice job on that guitar...great concept and great execution! Even down to the detail of the "caution" strap.

(unfortunately, my wife wasn't so enthused about my acquiring another guitar, nor about all of my spare time being tied up with it instead of her).

Maybe instead of praising you for this inspiration, I should be cursing you...I'm sure my wife is.
                  Originally Posted by IanBallard
                  Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                    OK, Ace. You did it. You got me.

That project guitar is sooo cool . I couldn't help myself. I bought a used Vendetta for $75. Gonna strip it and rebuild it. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do yet, I just know that I want to do something. It'll probably be fairly conservative.

I think I'm gonna keep the bridge hummer pup rout, fill in the neck rout, and add a Strat middle single. I want to be able to split the hummer and get that #2 position Strat quack. No final ideas yet, but you sure got me started thinking.

Again, very nice job on that guitar...great concept and great execution! Even down to the detail of the "caution" strap.

(unfortunately, my wife wasn't so enthused about my acquiring another guitar, nor about all of my spare time being tied up with it instead of her).

Maybe instead of praising you for this inspiration, I should be cursing you...I'm sure my wife is.
                    Hey - I'm cool with your wife blaming me.

Just watch a chic flick with her, knock the bottom out of it, have some coffee and work the rest of the night.

Mrs. Aceman says "Why is everything in the garage orange" You may want to consider that little detail. Also, if you hang the guitar in the walk in closet to dry, and take it off the hook - be sure to take the hook down so it doesn't catch you in the jugular. That was a close one.

Also, if you paint with the garage door open, don't hang it on the door itself. A lot of stress/worry about the kids accidentally closing the garage door.

Remember - this could easily be a less than $100 project. Build a cool one and sell it for donations to charity. She can't hate then.

Comment

I did the chick flick thing last night and have been spending a lot of time with her this weekend in preparation for the arrival of my new companion. It should be getting here next week.

Good advice about spraying in the garage. I'll have to give some thought to that and figure out what I'll do. Don't mind the garage being orange (or whatever color I end up using), but it surely won't be good on the cars.

Glad you didn't actually get the jugular. We want you around here for a long time to come.

But, yeah, I'm getting really excited to get started.

Thanks for your inspiration.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                      X