banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pyramid 13 Flats- AMAZING! Flatwound steel classical strings=AMAZING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramid 13 Flats- AMAZING! Flatwound steel classical strings=AMAZING!

Got the strings and picks in the mail from just strings.

Expensive stuff, but I'm really happy. My Yamaha classical acoustic has really come alive, sounds much louder now, more treble, responds better with a pick, and has a lush tone. Every string is flatwound from .38-.14b string, and the E is a .10 plain . I recommend this to anyone trying to spruce up a cheap classical guitar, or if you want to do jazz on a classical- Thomastik S series

Pyramid 13's on my strat right now. More breath, less highs than Dadarrio Chromes, a bit more superlative on the tone. For all you flatwound haters, they cut the undesirable frequencies and accentuate those low mids, just not good for bending. Lowered my action comfortably, now my guitar feels like a mini cello with perfect action! I would recommend this to anybody who has an extra telecaster if you want a guitar to comp or lay out clean chords.

Really dig the jazz III ultex picks as well. I gave a few to a friend of mine who plays downtuned metal and rock, and he really digged the speed that was possible with these. They mate well with the classical flats as well. I feel like I got 2 new guitars today, and it was just a clean up and set up with new strings!

Busy day, but I will try to rig up some good mics so you guys can hear what this gear sounds like! Good morning Duncan Forum!!!!!
    2004 50th Anniversary Deluxe American Strat, SETH-N BRIDGE, ANT 2 SURFER MIDDLE, ANT 2 DLX MINI HUM NECK

280K RS guitarworks volume pot, 250k cts tone pots, .047uf paper in oil Jensen aluminum capacitor, running D'addario Chromes 13's with wound g > Analogman Orange Juicer>Acoustic 200H Bass head> Alesis Picoverb> unknown 12'' JBL Orange car speaker
Working...
X