voice box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• voice box?

i have just spent a wasted hour looking for a one of these things... problem is i dont know what there called...
    i first saw slash using one at some concert where he did the solo that he turned into the theme tune to the godfather (if anyone knows which concert im on about)
    i then saw steeve wonder using one with his piano.

when slash used it it made his guitar make the voul sounds his mouth made (making it sound o so odd)

whern steeve wonder did it it make his voice and vocals in the same pitch as his piano.

both sounded odd and looked like a kind of link between instrment and voice.

dose anyone know what there called or what it is the do in more detail or where to find them?

thanks very much...

Re: voice box?

I'm pretty sure Slash was using a talkbox to get that sound. Based on your description Stevie Wonder might have been using a vocoder. These are two totally different things.

Comment

thanks! yaho tells more. peter frampton has his own brand of talkbox. are there any beter though? im wanting to use it with screaming distortion...

Comment

you have to have a PA and a mic to use it

Comment

Originally posted by ledzepp29
          you have to have a PA and a mic to use it
          You actually have to power the Heil talk boxes with another amp, then mic it and send it through the PA or yet another amp dedicated to your mic input. I know a guy that uses a little Fender Frontman amp to power his talkbox, then of course the tube runs from the unit up to your mouth, and you shape and redirect the sound into the mic and it will come out the mic's amp or PA. So you'll need at least one extra amp and a PA, and maybe a good dentist .
          After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Talkboxes seem to be more of a hassle than they are probably worth. I know the danelectro one sucks, but how about the Rocktron Banshee? I don't think you need an external amp/pa to run them.
            7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

I agree on the Danelectro one, which is suppose to be independent, but I have always wondered about the Roktron Banshee, as well.... With the Prophesy under their belts, I would hope that managed to build a helluva talk-box..... If anyone has input, I know 2 people who would love to hear about it.....
              ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
              X