banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pimped out my geets (Inlay stickers content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pimped out my geets (Inlay stickers content)

When I saw the inlay stickers thread, I decided to spring for a few of them. The first sticker I got was a racing stripe for my Olympic White Strat:

Next up, the guitar I affectionately refer to as the "Stratopauler." I got some trapeziod inlay stickers, plus I got a new pickguard to make a little change. Oh yeah and the Japanese symbol means "dragon."

Before:

After:

Only thing I don't like - if you look close enough, you'll notice that these particular stickers don't quite cover the actual inlays:

You can only really tell from a distance though. I really like the toggle switch on this guitar, I think it looks way better than the CRL type.

I haven't strung up the guitar and played it with the stickers, since I wired the switch backwards, but just running my fingers over the neck, it doesn't feel bad at all. I notice they're there, but I doubt it'd be a problem at all when you're actually playing.

And a gratuitious rig pron pic:

Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: Pimped out my geets (Inlay stickers content)

The Fender looks slick. What does the back look like?

BTW, it is begging for a single Mustang pickup setup!
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 02-19-2012, 02:48 AM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Do you play faster with the racing stripes?
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Not big on the dragon symbol but that's just me.

Comment

The trapezoid look outlandish on a Strat. Like you are trying to hard to be unique but fail miserably.

Comment

If you plan on leaving the inlay stickers on permanently, you can cover up the parts of the dots that are showing:

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
            @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Pretty cool. Personally, I think the Dragon symbol would look better in a different colour, though. Maybe black. It looks kinda random in that silver colour and breaks up the flow of the guitar.

Were you born in the year of the dragon, or are you just a huge nerd?

The racing stripe on the Strat looks sweet, though. I've always loved those on Fenders. Again, I don't think it's the best colour combination, but it looks pretty awesome.

Also, that rig could win a dick measuring contest with Godzilla. It's awesomely badass.

Enjoy, lad.
              I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

Originally posted by verbotenco View Post
                The trapezoid look outlandish on a Strat. Like you are trying to hard to be unique but fail miserably.
                I don't think so, it's not much different than block inlays and bound fingerboards on some Fenders such at the later Jazzmasters.

I like the stickers, they're reversable. With the new trade laws the big companies like Gibson and PRS are not going to be using shell much longer, so you're going to be left with plastic acrylic inlays that are supposed to look like pearl. In the 80's the Pyramid inlays on Ibanez Jems were colored paper under plastic. If manufacturers are cheating us and using fake pearl, why shouldn't we use a fake inlay sticker?

Comment

I want your Mastodon poster.

Oh and cool inlays
                  88-89 Fender HM Strat(Dimarzio pickups)
                  Fender Blacktop Jaguar(JB/Jazz)
                  Guitar>TU-2>Ernie Ball Volume Pedal>Joyo Octave Fuzz>SD-1>Small Stone Phaser>Amp(Effects loop>DD-7>DD-20>Holy Grail)
                  Vox NightTrain 50.
                  My Band

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
                    Do you play faster with the racing stripes?
                    Actually, yes.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post

Not big on the dragon symbol but that's just me.
                    I can't figure it out - I'm not big on it either but I don't want to take it off. Must be some voodoo magic.

Originally posted by verbotenco View Post
                    That's the nicest thing I've ever heard you say.

Originally posted by Kam View Post
                    Pretty cool. Personally, I think the Dragon symbol would look better in a different colour, though. Maybe black. It looks kinda random in that silver colour and breaks up the flow of the guitar.

Were you born in the year of the dragon, or are you just a huge nerd?

The racing stripe on the Strat looks sweet, though. I've always loved those on Fenders. Again, I don't think it's the best colour combination, but it looks pretty awesome.

Also, that rig could win a dick measuring contest with Godzilla. It's awesomely badass.

Enjoy, lad.
                    Nah, I just thought it looked cool

Fenders and racing stripes, for me, go together like Americans and racism. It just works.

Originally posted by dmandude123455 View Post
                    I want your Mastodon poster.

Oh and cool inlays
                    Why thank you sir.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
                    X