Anybody ever heard of a Fathead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever heard of a Fathead?

it was a piece of brass plate that went on the back of the headstock.
    were there any reports about its effect on sustain? alleviating dead spots?
    good deals with:

Buyers - Allstarme, Savage_Distorton, Lerxst6, KingIZZO))), Powerglide350, Donnievaz, SrDeMaFp, Guston7, Ayrton, IndySG, eclecticsynergy, eaeolian, Jolly

Sellers - 51501984

Re: Anybody ever heard of a Fathead?

Yes that is hat they were for...do they work, depends on the guitar and what you really want out of it.

Get one and try it.

Or you could do the fat finger if the fat proves too hard to find.

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

fathead minnows work great for catchin' walleyes!

Comment

I remember Groove Tubes(Aspen Pittman) selling them but I don't think they were all that popular and didn't stay around very long...
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

A friend of mine has one on one of his guitars.

Comment

what is the purpose of that?

Comment

Back in the late '70s we thought brass the the answer to everything.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by crguti View Post
                what is the purpose of that?
                Headstock mass and more sustain.
                Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Warmoth used to make them in the 80's. They are hard to find these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X