Now here is some QA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now here is some QA...

I was wandering around the Dean factory [because you do that at DOA]. I was talking to one of the techs there that day. He was running QA on a Korean guitar.

EVERY Korean import goes through the QA stations at the factory in the US. This guy was playing an el cheapo and he was plinking the high E and wasn't ringing out quite like the others. So he was going to file the bridge saddle a touch first.

That's love. That's customer service. I mention this because I was at a Sam Ash and there was a [name withheld], one of the new ones with the fancy cooked fingerboard, like $4k. The bridge was VISIBLY effed up. it was so out of whack you could see it. Way high on one end, strings not right....

Now, maybe some monkey at the store effed it up, but why? That would imply they actually check all the instruments.

I'm just saying there is a company the has a guy that will file a bridge saddle on a buck twenty-nine korean guitar. Meanwhile, this other guitar company, leaves one visibly wrong. WTF?

I know where I'm shopping and who I'm buying from.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Re: Now here is some QA...

It simple. Companies like Dean, ESP, Schecter, Jackson, etc can't afford to make flawed guitars even at the lowest level.

Gibsan (spelled incorrectly on purpose) is a huge company. They made their name. They carved their niche. If you think of guitar and rock gawds, you think them. That being said, they don't care. They're making their money regardless. They know that regardless what crap they put out, people will buy it.
    Originally posted by grumptruck
    No I think James and Dave have that covered. You are obviously rocking way to hard.
    Originally posted by Gear Used
    PRS CE 22 (Custom 5 / 59)
    Gibson Les Paul (Screaming Demon / Pearly Gates)
    Mesa Stiletto Ace
    Gurus 5015
    Mesa Widebody 1X12
    Pedalboard

Comment

You need to check out the current catalogue. They have a number of reasobale headstocks.

also, you can buy a USA custom and they will put whatever you want on there.

Comment

The Gibson ninjas will come for you at night if you don't watch it.

Comment

I didn't say anything....just that Dean QA was awesome even on junky imports.

Comment

Right on.

This is what I've been saying for a long time now and getting lots of flack from forum members who think that Gibson can do no wrong, and that they are worth every penny of that $3000. Even though you can get a better quality Korean guitar for 1/4 the price (or less).
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Weird thing is that I could never jive with a Dean guitar from their mid-priced Korean to the decently-prices Japanese yet I found myself liking quite a bit the dead cheap Vendetta everyone seems to love for their refin projects.

The USA ones are pretty darn good though but if I go to that price point, there's usually sth else that catches my attention before a Dean
              Originally posted by Blue_Fingers_Jay
              I prefer cheaper guitars, nothing is as cool as a cheap guitar that sounds awesome.
              Originally posted by That90'sGuy
              Not all guitars are created equal, so make sure it sings and if it does, you'd be silly to pass it up.

Comment

It's funny you call that good QA/customer service. I call it the bare minimum effort required.

It's a musical instrument. If it leaves the factory unable to properly play music, it's defective.

The fact that big brands are routinely letting guitars leave the factory in unplayable condition is deplorable. I don't care what the price tag is.

Yes, good for Dean for doing good QC work, but this is a bit like congratulating yourself for not hitting any pedestrians on your morning commute.
                Band: www.colouredanimal.com
                Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
                Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I didn't say anything....just that Dean QA was awesome even on junky imports.
                  Are you sure they weren't just putting on a show for the tourees?
                  "Believe the word, I will unlock my door and pass the cemetery gates"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.K View Post
                    Are you sure they weren't just putting on a show for the tourees?
                    +1
                    Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                    Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
                      Yes, good for Dean for doing good QC work, but this is a bit like congratulating yourself for not hitting any pedestrians on your morning commute.
                      That's gret! I absolutely love that!!!

Sig worthy quote.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                      X