Suhr Rasmus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suhr Rasmus

Just spent the afternoon jamming with a friend of mine and having a go on his latest pride and joy - Suhr Rasmus. I have to say this is a great guitar. The workmanship is impeccable, wonderful fret job. The neck is a joy to play. We were playing through Line 6 and Microcube practice amps so not the best way to judge the sound but still sounded damn good. I'd have to hear the bridge bucker through a bigger amp to assess it properly but the neck single coil is about the best I've ever heard.

I've seen these going for around $600 on ebay - if you're into Superstrats this is incredible value.

Re: Suhr Rasmus

I think Total Guitar did a review of one quite recently, and were impressed.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Comment

Nice! I've been curious about those for a while now.

Comment

i like them... but one of them at the local shop that carries Suhr is awful for tone and sustain... it's like a stone... i'd love to try out some better examples like i had seen in the past...

Comment

Been interested in these for a while too, would love some tone samples if you get more time on your friends guitar...
          "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

I am interested in one of these as well. I've read that they're also still made of quality woods, but just shipped over to Asia and then final touches made in the USA? I'm pretty interested in a Modern, but it seems as though the Rasmus moderns only come with an Alder body? I already got two strats with Alder bodies. Was hoping for mahogany. I know there is a Rasmus GG model, but those go for like $1,400 new. I'd almost rather save a few more pennies and order a Suhr M2 (production standard Modern with no thrills) for about $2k.
            Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
            Ibanez RG1570 Custom
            PRS McCarty STD
            '71 Gibson SG Custom
            Bogner Alchemist 2x12
            Vox AD15VT

Comment

I believe the Rasmus series is completely made in Asia, but shipped to USA for final setup, and to get the frets Plek'd. No idea as to the authenticity of the woods they claim to be made of.

With John Suhr's propensity for precision, I'm guessing the bodies/necks will probably be CNC cut?
              http://www.six-string-samurai.com - Gear reviews for and by the terminally GAS-afflicted.

Comment

Working...
              X