NGD & End of Build: Jolly Roger!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD & End of Build: Jolly Roger!

Thanks guys! I really love it. I always loved my Fender strat, but I always wanted the clarity and punch of a maple fretboard. After spending some time playing it today, it really sizzles and blooms with the little '59, especially in series mode. It sounds like a hybrid between a strat and a piano. lovely. The Custom is still bright in this guitar. I can tell the wind is going to sound great in this guitar, it just needs a warmer, less brash sounding magnet.

Comment

That looks GREAT!! I thought the cutie was going on the front though!
      Aint no pro but I know what I like....
      Guitar to sound output:
      Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Nah, I didn't want the front to look flashy, just simple.

You can't just show your treasure and booty to the whole world, after all...you keep your secrets tucked away in the back.

Comment

Yep, I love that neck. The lil 59 is really really impressing me. It has a really nice full sounding PAF vibe to it that I didn't expect from a single coil-sized humbucker. I really need to swap the mag in the Custom though. The ceramic is way too nasty sounding in this guitar.

I also gotta check what value cap I put on the tone. it sounds way too bright.

Comment

Working...
          X