Pyramid strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pyramid strings?

Saw these yesterday at my local shop. Look.to be from Germany. Ran $17.00 a pack for handmades pure nickel wraps. I was tempted to try them, they look amazing, but i did not have enough cash on hand.

Anyone try these before?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Pyramid strings?

They are on my short list but I can never find them local!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Lmk if you want a pack. Shop is only about 15 min from me. They had 10s and 9 s. Not sure if they had heavier.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

the roundcore nickel in the orange pack are awesome on my SG. the tone just sustains longer and better. these are what you want if you want a premium string that is made the way they were made in the 60s and they are indeed made from the best german steel.

I have the premium 09-46 set on my tele. they are deff. diff. the wound strings tore up my fingers a bit and are king of strange. but the tone is bright and the strings have lasted a long time

I got 3 sets of these for $15 on ebay. they are the hex version of the ornge pack and these are sort of modern with the pyramid quality. they went on my agile LP and they were awesome. reallly brought the response of the 59/JB set out.

#1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
        #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
        #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
        #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
        #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
        Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
        Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
        Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

They had one pack of the orange. The ones they had the most of were the green.

Im leary of round cores though. Love the feel, but Ive had tuning and/or intonation issues with all the round cores i have tried.

Comment

well in that case what gauge do you use?

the guy i go through is a pyramid dealer and the cheapest.

But you have to buy a couple sets atleast and popular guages go quick.
            #1: Gibson SG Classic [Antiquity P-90 Set]
            #2: Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster [Tonerider TRT2 Set]
            #3: Hamer Sunburst MIK [Pearly Gates Set]
            #4: Agile AL-2000 [59/JB Set]
            #5: Fender Robert Cray Stratocaster [Stock Singles]
            Amp Head: Egnater Tweaker 15 [Tung-Sol & JJ Tubes]
            Amp Cabinet: Chilly Bird Pro Audio Oversized Closed Back 1x12 [Eminence Wizard]
            Brim Pedaltrain Mini: Pitchblack, Dual unLTD, SUF Violet Ramshead, R-S Phaser, TC Flashback. Pod HD Desktop.

Comment

I can order them but I don't want to get "hooked" on something I can't get local...

The other issue I have is I am scared to death of round core strings...I love the tone and feel but I have yet to try any that don't have intonation issues...
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

ive tried pyramid and they are great, but hard to find and expensive. orange pack is my favorite but they green packs are ok too.

Comment

I use the green/white strings.....Love em and get them from www.juststrings.com I always order multiples of strings for myself,the other guitarist and bass player if I order.
                  Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I tried a few sets of the nickel plated steel Pyramids, and while they were better quality than the standard generic stuff like D'Addario and EB, they still couldn't match the quality in all of the important areas of Snake Oil Brand strings. I still haven't heard or felt anything better than the Snake Oils.

Cheers.................................... wahwah
                    Highway Star
                    Goodbye Pork Pie Hat
                    Mistreated
                    Cause We Ended As Lovers
                    Go ahead...check out my solo album @ http://geoffwells.bandcamp.com/

Originally posted by JOLLY
                    Strats are better than Les Pauls.

Comment

Originally posted by wahwah View Post
                      I tried a few sets of the nickel plated steel Pyramids, and while they were better quality than the standard generic stuff like D'Addario and EB, they still couldn't match the quality in all of the important areas of Snake Oil Brand strings. I still haven't heard or felt anything better than the Snake Oils.
                      Cheers.................................... wahwah
                      I hear nothing but good about SOB strings and nothing but bad about getting them on time...

I just can't stand the idea of getting hooked on something I have to then do without or jump thru hoops to get.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                        I hear nothing but good about SOB strings and nothing but bad about getting them on time...

I just can't stand the idea of getting hooked on something I have to then do without or jump thru hoops to get.
                        I've read some recent forum stuff saying the shipping issues were resolved...Was thinking about also trying those upon Wah Wah's advice,but like alot of things,just haven't gotten around to it...

The more I read about the EB Cobalts,the more I think they are the wrong strings for me!

I'm really a Nickel or Pure Nickel guy...I Like warmer,smoother tones... ;o) Especially with the single coil guitars!
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Wolf Hoffmann of Accept fame used them on their "Metal Heart" album. Maybe he still uses them in 2012.

Comment

The fact that the website hosting has apparently not been updated is a bit troubling: http://www.snakeoilstrings.com/index.htm

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97 View Post
                            I've read some recent forum stuff saying the shipping issues were resolved...
                            ---------------------------
                            The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                              The fact that the website hosting has apparently not been updated is a bit troubling: http://www.snakeoilstrings.com/index.htm
                              Just what I've read about other people that have bought the SOB strings...I've not ordered any so?

Comment

Working...
                              X