ltd vs esp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ltd vs esp

I could be in new York city in probably less than that. I really feel bad now for not going more places

Comment

there are a few misinformed people in this thread.

lower end LTD's are on par with squier. some are good. some are poop. most are acceptable.

mid-high end LTD's are consistently great. on par with elite epiphones and gibson studios.

japanese ESPs are on par(better) than most gibsons.

it's a shame they put EMG's in so many guitars, but it looks like they're starting to offer more passives and blackouts. also they're making guitars in more than 1 or 2 colors now, which always pissed me off about them.
      Last edited by rumblebox; 03-07-2012, 11:19 PM.
      Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by rumblebox View Post
        there are a few misinformed people in this thread.

lower end LTD's are on par with squier. some are good. some are poop. most are acceptable.

mid-high end LTD's are consistently great. on par with elite epiphones and gibson studios.

japanese ESPs are on par(better) than most gibsons.

it's a shame they put EMG's in so many guitars, but it looks like they're starting to offer more passives and blackouts. also they're making guitars in more than 1 or 2 colors now, which was always pissed me off about them.

I LOVE the new 1000t/ctm! fat body like a real LP. Big tone, bigger frets than most gibbies which I like. If it didnt have emgs and had a regular 4 knob setup, Id be happier...
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The new Gus G EC is pretty damn awesome for the money if you can get past the graphics. I've sold 3 of them this year and all 3 where damn good out of the box and even better with new strings and minimal setup.

Comment

a couple of years ago, I had one of the Gus G star shaped ones (ec 600?) and it was a KILLER guitar! Only complaint was it has some neck dive, but not too bad. Had a duncan 59/dist combo. I composed my best lead ever on that guitar. I wish they still made them with the Floyd. Id be tempted...
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I much prefer the SG over the Viper.

Have you tried a SG yet?
              If I know I'm going crazy, I must not be insane.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead
              DON'TGETMADBRO

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post

Have you tried a SG yet?
                I like vipers with passives. Wish they offered more duncan-equipped models.
                Regarding any post I've made before 2018, assume I've changed my mind by now.

Comment

Originally posted by lex666 View Post

Have you tried a SG yet?
                  yes. Neck was too thick

Comment

Working...
                  X