banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I shipped my Epi Pro/Fx today. Having some seller's remorse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I shipped my Epi Pro/Fx today. Having some seller's remorse.

Yep. Finally sold my Epi Pro/Fx. Didn't get what I wanted for it which is okay, and I got to keep the stock pickups AND the Super Distortion and Designed Jazz that were in it. I loved that guitar so much though, lol. Yeah I know, I got the Les Paul that I had to pay for and we needed another car so she had to go, but I'm gonna miss'er. I don't fret over too many guitars (no pun intended) but this one hurt to ship.

Bye Bye Baby!

My songs....enjoy! (hopefully )

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=652921
    or for older stuff too, but slower downloads
    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=301569&T=7414

Originally posted by DankStar
    700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Re: I shipped my Epi Pro/Fx today. Having some seller's remorse.

She was beautiful, sorry she had to go... I know the feeling...
    "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

Originally posted by 75lespaul View Post
      Yep. Finally sold my Epi Pro/Fx. Didn't get what I wanted for it which is okay, and I got to keep the stock pickups AND the Super Distortion and Designed Jazz that were in it. I loved that guitar so much though, lol. Yeah I know, I got the Les Paul that I had to pay for and we needed another car so she had to go, but I'm gonna miss'er. I don't fret over too many guitars (no pun intended) but this one hurt to ship.

Bye Bye Baby!

Damn, that thing is great looking --- remorse away!
      my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

Comment

didint you hate it when it first arrived?
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Do you like the Gibson more?
            Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
            Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
              didint you hate it when it first arrived?
              Good memory! When it arrived, it was unplayable. I adjusted the Floyd, but it was buzzing all over the place and the pickups...I'm just not a fan of the Epi Alnico Classics. One trip to the tech for a setup and swapped pickups, and it was my best sounding guitar. Action was still a little high on the bass strings, but as time went by, I got used to it and I truly loved it. However, when I saw that LP on eBay I was smitten, to put it lightly, ha ha. I don't regret buying the Gibson, just selling the Epi.

Originally posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
              Do you like the Gibson more?
              Without a doubt.

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
              I don't know what that means, but it made me laugh! Growing up in Irvington NJ, I've had my fair share of Old English 800, Colt .45, Night Train Express, and Thunderbird. I forget which one tasted like rancid fruit juice, the Night Train or Thunderbird.

700 watts is ok for small clubs, but when you play with a loud drummer or at a medium-large sized venue, you really need 1,500-watts at least. no one should be left alive.

Comment

For remembrance, really.

the act of pouring liquid (usually an alcoholic beverage) on the ground as a sign of reverence for friends or relatives that have passed away. in most cases, a 40 ounce bottle (see: wordforty/word) of liquor is used.

Comment

you are supposed to pour some beer on the ground for a fallen brother lol

EDIT: yup ^^^
                  Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
                  Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLivingDead View Post
                    Wha wha WHAT???? F dat, I'll drink the beer and fondly remember the guitar, probably more fondly after I've drunk the beer ha ha!

Comment

Sorry to hear this bro.. Good news tho, is that they are still being made and perhaps once you get past the car thing, you can either get another, or better yet, get a used one at a great price that has already had the bugs ironed out...
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I don't know what that means, but it made me laugh! Growing up in Irvington NJ, I've had my fair share of Old English 800, Colt .45, Night Train Express, and Thunderbird. I forget which one tasted like rancid fruit juice, the Night Train or Thunderbird.
                        World's greatest reference work on the subject: http://bumwine.com/

Sorry for your loss. That is a great looking guitar!
                        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Don't typically like a Floyd on an lp, but that one seemed to work visually.

Comment

Growing up in Irvington NJ,
                            My band played the March Metal Meltdown festival there a couple of times. "Colorful" neighborhood! There was literally a LOCK DOWN when you got into the parking lot ... interesting times!
                            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                              My band played the March Metal Meltdown festival there a couple of times. "Colorful" neighborhood! There was literally a LOCK DOWN when you got into the parking lot ... interesting times!
                              At the Cricket Club??? Terrible neighborhood. Even in the late 70s it was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X