Finished with the Melody Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Finished with the Melody Maker

It looks great , and I can tell just by looking at it that it sounds great ..BUT..

something is making me want to say I'd love to see a Charlie Christian in the neck of that guitar.
    "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
      It looks great , and I can tell just by looking at it that it sounds great ..BUT..

something is making me want to say I'd love to see a Charlie Christian in the neck of that guitar.
      A CC was on my short list of neck pickups but with the thin MM body I don't know it'll fit w/o being an issue...
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
        Funny Poorman mentioned the guitars in general and Erik mentioned the tapped P-90..

I'm thinking HARD about another one of these w/o the Palm Pedals to use in standard tuning mostly with a tapped P-90...

I could have a half dozen of these things!!!
        Go for it. I remember you mentioning that Lollar P-90's aren't your thing but get a tapped SD Custom Shop wind. Going with a tapped P-90 in my SG Jr. was the right decision. It makes it that much more diverse. I love it.

Comment

Working...
        X