EH 12AX7's...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EH 12AX7's...

I just got 3 of these electroharmonics tubes from Wattage (and at the ultimate price, too!!), and i just thought i'd post my impressions....

Compared to the groove tubes 12AX7WAs that were in there previously, they offer a more pronounced midrange, which gives it more snarl, especially with the les paul on the bass channel.... but you can still clean it up real nice with the single coils on the regular channel... Overall, i'm very satisfied with them, of course, i don't have much to compare them to.

But, i've got a question... the amps supposed to have 3 7025's and 1 12AT7.... i know you can't really find the 7025s anymore, so 12AX7s are used... but there was also a groovetubes 12AX7 in the 12AT7 spot.... is that okay?? Doesn't seem to make sense....

anyway, thanks again, wattage!!
    '01 Gibson Les Paul Standard (stock BB V's)
    Squier Fat Strat (stock/duckbucker/stock)
    '66 Fender Bassman
    Fender Champion 600
    Fender Stage 100

Re: EH 12AX7's...

I think they are interchangable. Some prefer to have a balanced 12AT7 in the phase inverter slot. Someone who is more knowledgable will prolly chime in soon.

Comment

The 12ax7 has more gain than the 12at7 so I would be slightly leary, though it might be just fine. I think the 12at7 has about 70% of the 12ax7 output.

The 12ax7WA is a generic tube from Sovtek. You might not hear a huge difference but I like the EH better.
      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Glad you like them J, you'll have to get some clips soon now.
        My Bands -
        https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
        www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
        www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
        GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
        X