Went in for a 9V battery ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Went in for a 9V battery ...

very nice! I thought you were already using strats - sounded like it on your recordings to me.

Comment

NICE! I've got that same Strat, except with a rosewood board, grover tuners, and a BKP Irish Tour set. I love it to pieces, and I'll never sell it.

Also, if you end up wanting to get new pickups, check out the Irish Tours. Expensive, but worth EVERY penny.
      Custom neck-thru strat
      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
      1995 PRS CE24
      D'avanzo #8
      Breedlove Solo Concert
      1996 USA Dean Baby Z
      1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
      1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
      Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Quality Strat right there, loving it man. I adore my Strat, don't know where I would be without it (musically speaking)...
        "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          Nice riffs. The beginning of it reminds me of a cross of Blackmore and Lynch (first Dokken album). Sounds really good.
          Thanks!
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Originally posted by DankStar View Post
              very nice! I thought you were already using strats - sounded like it on your recordings to me.
              Nope, Les Paul clones and an SG. I also have a tele with a humbucker in the bridge and single coil in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                NICE! I've got that same Strat, except with a rosewood board, grover tuners, and a BKP Irish Tour set. I love it to pieces, and I'll never sell it.

Also, if you end up wanting to get new pickups, check out the Irish Tours. Expensive, but worth EVERY penny.
                I have a neck Irish Tour and whole host of other BKPs, as I endorse Bare Knuckle , https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/users.php (I'm about halfway down the page)

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  I have a neck Irish Tour and whole host of other BKPs, as I endorse Bare Knuckle , https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/users.php (I'm about halfway down the page)
                  That's super cool!

As sad as it is, these are the only nice aftermarket SC's I've had (Unless you count an SSL-5 in the middle of my strat years ago). In your opinion, how do they compare to some of the other popular SC replacements? I absolutely love them, but I'll have other strats in the future, and I'll probably have different pickups in them, so...
                  Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                  1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                  1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                  Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                    That's super cool!

As sad as it is, these are the only nice aftermarket SC's I've had (Unless you count an SSL-5 in the middle of my strat years ago). In your opinion, how do they compare to some of the other popular SC replacements? I absolutely love them, but I'll have other strats in the future, and I'll probably have different pickups in them, so...
                    Well, it all comes down to application and personal preference. The Irish Tour can be VERY spiky if it is in the wrong guitar, to the point of being painful. The Apache is easier to fit into a wider range of guitars, imo. The Trilogy Suite is probably my favourite BK single coil, however.

That being said, there are so many fantastic pickups being made now that it would be the height of folly to say 'brand X is better than brand Y'. There are pickups from so many manufacturers that I love: Duncan Antiquity; Kinman; Bare Knuckle; Lollar.

I think that the brand to put on your 'must watch' list, however, is Sheptone. His pickups are the closest match I've heard yet to original 60s-era Fender single coil pickups. That being said, it is not a sound everyone will dig -- just because it's vintage doesn't mean that it's GOOD or will work in your application.

Sorry for the Zen-like answer.

Comment

Working...
                    X