Anyone like Schecter necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone like Schecter necks?

I have a Hellraiser Tempest and i'm currently trying to sell/trade it to get something with a thinner neck... I don't know if it is thinner on C-1 models, but on my Tempest it is so huge, but it is clearly not the worst necks IMO. I find it hard to play fast riffs that requires finger stretching. The guitar is so well made overall, you can't spit on these axes.
    Frank
    - PRS SE Custom (Jazz/JB)
    - Ibanez RGD7421 (D-Activator)
    - Tanglewood TW170AS-CE

Traynor YCS100 through Marshall 1960 lead (4x12)
    Originally posted by Curt
    Whatever you do, remember to play in the crabcore position, it helps with the tone.

Comment

that's the thing with shecters. They're really well made guitars, even if they're covered in abalone, have tree trunks for necks and have volume knobs mounted practically on the pickups themselves.

Aside from that, they play great, sound pretty good (make that great, when Seymour helps out a bit), and are well constructed.

Comment

I'm going to agree on the worst necks ever point - so thick but more than anything they are sticky, you cannot play for more than 5 mins before that poly clearcoat feels like it has turned into super glue and changing chord positions or doing any single string metal riffs become so much harder than they need to be. I generally hate thicker necks, but gibson necks at least don't have that horrid level of stickiness and the spacing isn't as damn narrow

Comment

I've got a seven string Hellraiser, the top of the line Korean model.

I've had some difficulties adjusting to the neck but I suppose it's to be expected as it's my first seven string guitar. I like it that it's chunky, it's just strange that it's so wide.

I do agree that the guitars could do with a little less abalone. But the features and construction quality come at a price point that's sometimes hard to beat.
          There are two kinds of people in this world that go around beardless—boys and women, and I am neither one

Comment

Working...
          X