for all you guys who hate relics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for all you guys who hate relics.

Youll be hqppy to know that I am "youthing" my road worn tele. After almost 2 years the dull nitro finish is starting to get glossy in the areas where my forearm hits the body, and pinky and third finger rests below the bridge plate.

No ****. Its the weirdest thing.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: for all you guys who hate relics.

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
    Youll be hqppy to know that I am "youthing" my road worn tele. After almost 2 years the dull nitro finish is starting to get glossy in the areas where my forearm hits the body, and pinky and third finger rests below the bridge plate.

No ****. Its the weirdest thing.
    Your body mystically polishes guitars?
    Originally posted by Bass_Medic_05
    I dig the wood!

Comment

Do your tears also cure cancer?

Dude, you could be sitting on a gold mine here. A big sweaty, smelly gold mine.
      I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Comment

It's true - my "worn" brown Epiphone Dot is getting shiny in both the forearm and the picking area.

I don't have any good photographs showing it, so here's three bad ones:

Last edited by ImmortalSix; 03-12-2012, 01:02 PM.
        my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

That is cool. I like that look.

I'm gonna do a "de-relic" job to my Legacy Rustic. I'm gonna buy a can of black Reranch nitro for my Exploder anyhow, so I will spray some of that into a glass jar and use a brush to fill in the fake nicks on the G&L. Then I will remove and polish (or replace) all of the hardware, and clean the pick guard and pickup covers. Then I will buff out the body to a shiny gloss finish. That way it will look like a beat guitar that has been lovingly restored, instead of like a fake beat guitar.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Im not really happy with what its doing.to Captain Crunch, but perhaps i could very well make some money with my fountain of youth sweat glands.
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

It ain't the sweat; it's the friction. Your arm is in effect buffing out the matte finish.

If you don't like it, you can just buff out the whole guitar to a gloss finish.
              Originally posted by LesStrat
              Yogi Berra was correct.
              Originally posted by JOLLY
              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Heh. Actually i hate the glossy look, i need to hit it with sandpaper. Idmuch rather have a fake beat up guitar than a pretty case queen. My Hamer has got a few dings and alot of pickwear, but the finish is so freaking hard, I dont think it will ever show much age unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X