banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MODboard CP-1 Comp/Limiter (guitarfetish.com) HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MODboard CP-1 Comp/Limiter (guitarfetish.com) HELP!

I'm looking for any other list denizen who's used this--or other Guitarfetish.com MODboard. It's a cool product, but the documentation is a bit thin. First of all--and perhaps for proprietary reasons--no schematic is provided. The hookup drawing is somewhat confusing.
    BUT--a cool product. Just looking for a couple other users who could tell me if they've modded one of these at all--any cool mods? And how might a person use a T-R-S jack as a battery interrupt switch, kind of like the EMG pickups do. I'm not clear on this simple implementation.
    Again, great folks over there at guitarfetish, but I have questions and seek other pickers who've used MODboards.
    Jonathan

Re: MODboard CP-1 Comp/Limiter (guitarfetish.com) HELP!

those things are all micro circuits, so i dont reckon modding would be a good idea at all.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Re: MODboard CP-1 Comp/Limiter (guitarfetish.com) HELP!

TRS: Wire the battery negative (black wire to the RING, wire the common from the board to the sleeve (along with all the pickup ground connections. WHen you insert a normal 2-conductor plug, the sleeve shorts the jack's ring and sleeve together, turning on the battery circuit. When you pull the plug, the common is interrupted, turning it off.
      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
      X