Planet Waves machine heads any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet Waves machine heads any good?

I've never heard of them before, but they lock AND cut the string. I was after locking schallers to replace my crappy tuners, but they only seem to make them in the fender replacement style with pins instead of screw tabs, so I think it's either these mini grovers http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/G..._Machines.html
    or the planet waves.

Any thoughts?
    Homemade Tas Oak Tele w/ SD Custom 4 & strat Blue Lace Sensor, Boogie DC-3

they are deadly accurate as well, the 18:1 tuning is INSANE!

Comment

Hmm, I just might get those Planet Waves Auto-Trim Locking Tuners . . . or Sperzel Trim-Loks!?$

Comment

Never tried them, but from whan I´ve heard they work as advertised. Perfectly
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by obsolete
          Hmm, I just might get those Planet Waves Auto-Trim Locking Tuners . . . or Sperzel Trim-Loks!?$
          ive never had a bad experience with planet waves stuff, they make really quality stuff, sell it at good prices, and what they advertise their product as it does......

just got an acoustic strap attachement from them, and a new strap, and they both seem pretty solid, i like em
          Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
          Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
          Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
          Crate VC-3112
          Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
          Fender Bassman 60

Comment

whoops, wrong quote, meant to quote zerb, i feel stupid
            Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
            Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
            Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
            Crate VC-3112
            Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
            Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Thanks all

I think I'll go for them. Not having heard of them before, I just wanted to know they were decent. Obsolete, I don't like the look of sperzels that much, the shape seems to suit a Gibson more than a Fender, maybee that's just me.

Changing strings is a big PITA for me, maybee with these I'll change them more often!
              Homemade Tas Oak Tele w/ SD Custom 4 & strat Blue Lace Sensor, Boogie DC-3

Comment

Working...
              X