Tube Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Help!

Well it's been about a year since I had my amp fixed and i've still been overloading it and abusing it with a cabinet that can't handle the amp's output (i know i know i suck) so i'm thinking of doing a re-tube.

It's a silverface Bassman and I'm wondering what tubes would give it a good clean tone with plentiful bass and mids while keeping the highs bright enough that i like 'em. Early break-up is a plus 'cuz I don't get to crank the amp like I would normally, and extra-long-lasting tubes would be sweet 'cuz i'm about to enter the dark realm of ADULTHOOD and i think it'll be a while before i have any spare cash at all

thanks guys

-X
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Tube Help!

I've always been happy with Groove Tubes. Call them up, they're really helpful and can steer you in the right direction.

Jeff
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Re: Tube Help!

Bob at Eurotubes is very helpful. He sells JJ's and I think they sound GREAT. They really sound good in my little BF vibrochamp. If you tell him what you are looking for, headroom-wise etc, he'll do ya right.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Working...
      X