LYNCH in concert !!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LYNCH in concert !!!!!!!!!!!

well i saw MR SCARY last night in a small club in orange ct while waiting for his scaryness to hit the stage i watch UCONN win a basketball national championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!! anyway mr lynch played through 2 marshall plexi heads and 4 4x12 marshall cabs some sort of echoplex (i couldn't see it that well blocked by the drummer ) a budda wah a fulltone dejavibe and a couple of other things i couldn't see do to the angle he played the yelow tiger most of the night and busted out the bones guitar for 2 songs and finished up with a green fender strat with 1 humbucker (with ataped on ESP logo!) after the show i spoke very briefly with him (the club owner wanted everyone out !!!!!!!!) he was using JB's in all three guitars ! the set list as follows i remember the first 4 songs and the last 3 but the middle they could be out of order unchain the night
    flesh and blood
    breath and scream
    voodoo child
    when heaven comes down
    river of love
    mr scary
    precious and grace
    kiss of death
    dream untill tomorrow
    ? jammed on a song in the works !
    tooth and nail
    breakin the chains
    wicked sensation
    ? new song
    lynch was into it and having a blast kelly kelling the singer sounded great and jeff martin from racer-x/badlands played drums/backing vocals and martian anderson from lizzy borden played killer 8 string bass all in all one of the best shows i have seen out of MR SCARY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: LYNCH in concert !!!!!!!!!!!

George Lynch F'in Wields! So glad to see him bustin out the good old rippin stuff.
    At least he knows who his audience is, and how to please them. That's one thing I really respect about him. He never layed down his chops! I'd like to know more about his current rig. Those Plexi's were very likely a prop - with his rack being behind the
    wall of 4-12's. I'm surprised he didn't have 2 Komet 60 stacks. That's what I thought he was using this year. When I saw him about 10 yrs ago, he was using Soldanos
    and Marshalls.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Actually, I bumped into the singer in the bar after the gig. He was a small guy and he had to look up to see my face. It was strange feeling that I was looking down a rockstar. So I missed the chance to say something nice to him.
      "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

no hidden rack on this tour i watched them load out the amps, ect (i bet they are moded marshalls ) just pure rock tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Suhr OD-50
        Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

You lucky dog. GL is a mutha****er. Just last night I was reading the 'guitar synth' special issue of Guitar Player from the mid 80s at my rehearsal space, and it reminded me of just how cool Lynch was compared to what was around him at the time. Anyone who can survive Dokken and still be cool gets my vote...
          Originally posted by Jolly
          ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

I went to see the concert with my co-worker, who missed the whole 80's thing. he didn't give a **** to Yngwie but he was sold to lynch. Monday he was playing Dokken best CD.
            "Tone is in the cheese." -LSP

"whoever says angus young is overrated is a complete idiot." -flank

Comment

Lynch's love affair w/the Komet amps was brief; he switches up gear frequently. The Komets are great amps, and are priced for rock stars, it seems.

The Marshalls are modified in some manner, in all likelihood.

If you wanna see some serious Lynch shred, check out the Dokken "Live in 95" DVD that just came out on Sanctuary.
              Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
              My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

good stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Suhr OD-50
                Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

When I saw him about two years back he was playing through 2 Peavy XXX's. But his rack had a POD pro, and I seem to recall a Bogner. He had a dude doing switching for him. Genz Benz enclosures. Yeah, he ripped, and was playing those ESP SG-looking things, and none of his "signature" axes.

He ripped, and the man has some gargantuan mits on him.

I saw not long ago he was selling some of his gear on his website... must need the bux.

Love that guy.
                  Originally posted by Scott_F
                  On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

From the GL website:

"to be honest, nothing beats the 68 Marshall super lead 100 plexi I have out with me right now through an old hi-watt cabinet.(except maybe the "Brahma" Peavey amp that we've been working on over the last 4 years and should be out this July)"
                    Originally posted by Jolly
                    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

that should be cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Suhr OD-50
                      Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

Working...
                      X