The coolest guy I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coolest guy I know

So, a guy some of you know, ganzonomy gave me a little congratulatory something for doing well in school. Being just the all around kick ass guy that he it's, he decided my Les needed a little upgrade. Well, RS GuitarWorks makes a nice, nay, amazing kit for upgrading a Les Paul. So, he sends it my way, and it teams up with the Antiquity neck HB, and the Brobucker to melt faces off. So I decided to document the process, and let everyone know how cool ganz is. He's been a cool guy and a good friend regardless of donating entirely tool much awesomeness to my guitars. He's listened to my crazy stuff, and talked me through some trying crap. I owe him many top shelf beers, I think I need to make a motorcycle trip...

Anyways, pics follow.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: The coolest guy I know

Have they got confused and don't know which thread to go to?
    sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
    - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

The start:

Stock Stuff

Old switch

Emptied:

50's wiring

The magic is inside.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

That's really cool, man!

Comment

Nice! The after pic looks much cleaner. The braided wire is soldered onto the ends of your pickups wires, yes? I take it it's also used to go from pots to switch and to the output jack?
          "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

NICE! seeing liberated guitars always makes me happy. As does good photography of the open-heart surgery

It was my pleasure to help with more guitar superhappyfuntime.

Jason
            Last edited by ganzosrevenge; 05-20-2012, 10:00 PM.
            <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Comment

jason told me that he had done that for someone but i didnt realise it was someone else on the forum. congrats man.
              sigpic
              Warmoth Split Jazzmaster (Zhangbucker Crushbucker UOA5 splat, Cherrick tapped)
              Dunlop Crybaby
              MXR Custom Comp
              GFS Twin Overdrive
              Boss BD-2 Bluesdriver
              Blackstar HT-DISTX
              Seymour Duncan 84-40 (Weber Grey Wolf Light Dope)

Comment

That's great.

So, what did the upgrade kit do for the guitar? I've thought about modding both of my Pauls with RS parts for a while. I really wish they offered 1 meg pots, though.
                Originally posted by LesStrat
                Yogi Berra was correct.
                Originally posted by JOLLY
                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

very very cool thing to do. good on ya both!

Comment

I thought the 'coolest guy' was the guy in the Dos Equis commercials, you know, the most interesting man in the world.
                    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

hey trev

how's the kit holding out?

J
                      <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Comment

Looks great. I've been wanting to get one of those rs kits for my studio deluxe and get get rid of the stock push pull pots since I'm using Ant's. How's it sound.

Comment

VERY cool of you Ganz! This brotherly love is making me misty. Im getting alittle farklempt... Tawk amongst yourselves... Ill give you a topic...What good is a 500k pot if you can neither get high from it or cook with it???

Ok, Im together now... That wiring kit looks so tidy.. Getting one of those RS kits is on my to do list for my LP after tubes for my amp. I hear nothing but great things.

Trevorus, bet that pup combo rulz! Still playing with the Sisters?? I need to check out the site

I dont know how the thumbs down got up there.. Not intentional...
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                          X