In Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In Repair

So, guitar is glued. I've sanded down a big of the neck with 600 (although I'm now realizing that maybe I should have gone lower). I have a sheet of 1000 and 2000. I'm wondering:
    What lacquer should be used? And what should/can be used in order to fill in little gaps? Or will the lacquer fill that in and then simply polish/sand that out?

And guitar sounds ok with Dean Markley NickelSteel Electric 11-52 with a wound G. Sounds way better through the amp though.
    "The amp has been making a lot of noise and acting funky, perhaps it may be aware of the amount of rock it's about to be punished with" ~GearMannDude
    "30 days of dating doesn't seem like cheating. It seems like legitimate playing the field, and you happened to catch a pop fly..." ~Aceman
    "If all else fails, wank, fall asleep, come back to it the next day." ~GuitarStv
    "The crowd has no perception of tone...only timing and flow." ~Glassman

Comment

Re: In Repair

You may have to use some wood paste/putty to even out the cracks. You can do it with clear coat, but it's a really long drawn out process and even longer if you don't have the right equipment.
      Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Comment

Working...
      X