banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Trussart Custom guitars? metal distressed guitars from the retro future!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Trussart Custom guitars? metal distressed guitars from the retro future!!

do you like these guitars? I would get one if I could afford it, even over a gibson les paul custom, if it sounded good...very original looking...I would get it mainly based on looks alone though cause I am a bit shallow about looks of guitars I bet you have not seen em:

Re: James Trussart Custom guitars? metal distressed guitars from the retro future!!

The guitars are kind of cool, but horrendously expensive. He's a local to me.
    Last edited by ItsaBass; 05-22-2012, 01:11 AM.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Re: James Trussart Custom guitars? metal distressed guitars from the retro future!!

Haven't played one but would like to; surprisingly there's a shop in Melbourne that stocks them.

This one sounds freakin' awesome, listen to that quack!
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Trussart guitars are amazing works of functional art.

I love them!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Amazingly cool guitars. I'd love either one of these...

www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

For those that know the guitars, is that a finishing process over standard materials or a true metal overlay on the wood?
            Thanks!
            Cheers - Cris
            ----------------------------------------------------------
            "It's rock and roll, man - you're not going to make real music 'trying'; you make real music by putting down what you've got and letting the audience decide" paraphrase from Lemmy Kilmister - "Lemmy"

Comment

Originally posted by cohibacris View Post
              For those that know the guitars, is that a finishing process over standard materials or a true metal overlay on the wood?
              Thanks!
              The bodies are actually made of metal. They're hollow. Steel, I think?

The necks are usually maple and have metal inlaid on the headstock face.
              -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

In a different lifetime, I will own one of these.

Comment

I think they are stunning...
                  ]
                  FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Do not like. In any way. Its art though, so that's the way it is. I do see why you would like them.

In other news, I heard that Trent Reznor will be featured playing on in the new mad max movie.........
                    Originally posted by MikeS
                    a "career" of playing sold-out bedroom shows to the posters on my wall.
                    Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                    whats becoming of this generation
                    We want to listen to music while we mow the lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Reload in 5 View Post
                      Do not like. In any way. Its art though, so that's the way it is. I do see why you would like them.

In other news, I heard that Trent Reznor will be featured playing on in the new mad max movie.........
                      Give one a listen, they sound awesome.

Also, they're very light.

my vinyl record collection | updated 11 August 2015

Comment

I saw a few last year at the Montreal Guitar show....I thought they were one of the standouts in terms of looks. I did not get a chance to play one. Hopefully if I go this year I'll be able to try one out.

Comment

I've been playing a Steelcaster for about 10 years, and it is hands-down my favorite guitar. For me, it has a quirky character and point of view that I almost never get from new instruments. It feels "old" in the most profound sense of the word. I've used it on a gazillion albums and tours, and it never fails to inspire.

I've never owned the Paul-inspired one, but I reviewed it for Guitar Player years ago. It's quite awesome, but VERY different. Extremely heavy, with endless, endless sustain.

Interesting observation about Steelcasters: You'd think to look at them that they sound, well, metallic/resophonic. But the tone is actually quite a bit softer and sweeter than a classic Tele, which may have something to do with the koa neck. It's actually a sort of kinder, gentler Tele with a cool/quirky upper-mid resonance.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                            Amazingly cool guitars. I'd love either one of these...

Take off the silly f-hole and I'd rock that.

Comment

some rock star looks on all that shizzle, fo' sho'

Comment

Working...
                              X