No announcement yet.

M-SR6 FR STALINGRAD YES OR NO ANYONE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: M-SR6 FR STALINGRAD YES OR NO ANYONE?

Not like he's buying it sight unseen. He's already played it and says he digs it. IF he decides to sell it I doubt that he will take a 500 dollar hit but if he does oh well by far not the first or the worst. I'm glad your so concerned about his return on investment.
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I'd be less concerned about "return on investment" (*see below) than whether or not I was getting a guitar that was actually worth the price. Anyone can build a guitar that looks great in pics. Anyone can build a guitar that has a seemingly under-valued initial quality (Agile). My concern would be if the guitar was going to leave me with the impression that I paid entirely too much for entirely too little further down the road.

* re: return on investment
      I hate this term being applied to musical instruments. If you want an investment, talk to Chuck Schwab. If it's got strings and resembles a musical instrument, it's not a Bearer Bond, Municipal Bond, Stock share, T-Bill, or Pork Belly. It's not an original Michelangelo or DaVinci painting (which aren't even original any more, since they've been retouched by so many other artists over the years). It's a musical instrument. You play them, wear them out, and take the loss when you sell it. Period.
      Originally posted by Brown Note
      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
      My Blog

Comment

Points taken Newc, but I beg to differ.

I've bought several guitars for significantly less than "average"... you find a faded SG a guy needs to drop for $250, or my beat-up old Les Paul I bought two years before it became "vintage."

You play 'em for a while. You wear 'em out. Then somebody offers you "average" price and you just made $300 on that SG you scored.

I've already had offers of more than $1000 than I paid for my Les Paul....and I've only had it a few years. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

I don't play professionally and I'm not a great songwriter... this is as close to being paid to play guitar as I can get.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

FYI, they're a quebec company, and the whole montreal metal scene is practically going ga-ga for these guitars. They're top notch, yes indeed.

Comment

Working...
          X