No announcement yet.

Finally bought a nylon string guitar!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally bought a nylon string guitar!!!

I bought this: a Cordoba GK studio Acoustic/electric. It has Cypress back and sides with a spruce top. The funny thing is, I would have thought I would have prefered one with a cedar top but not so! I tried several at guitar center this weekend and I love the sound and feel of this guitar better than anything else I tried. The only Ceder topped one I liked was a non-cutaway Cordoba. With no cutaway that was not an option and I still liked the sound of this one better. Not to mention the playability. This guitar is also available with rosewood back and sides. I am goon get that one too as I will have one that has the wamer nylon sound but still with the snap of the spruce top.
    Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
    CHRIST

Re: Finally bought a nylon string guitar!!!

What's not to love , spruce , cedar , koa - all these tops all sound differently great .

That is a really beautiful guitar , I bet you feel like it's an effortless player of a guitar huh

Easy man congrats :

Hurricane Ramon
    It started for me with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star in 54 on a Blues Harp and progressed , then life .....some death ....Evolving as I went like a small rock in a stream rounding out as I went with the flow as I go through the white waters and waterfalls of life . Life has always been interesting to me

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Shweeeeet.

Comment

I have a C5-CE I like a lot.

I'm still on the fence about which strings I prefer for nylon. Hard tension or regular.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane View Post
            What's not to love , spruce , cedar , koa - all these tops all sound differently great .

That is a really beautiful guitar , I bet you feel like it's an effortless player of a guitar huh

Easy man congrats :

Hurricane Ramon
            Yes!! It is very easy to play. I have wanted one for a very long time. I had a cheap one years ago but it didn't sound as sweet as this one does!! I mean it just sounds so clean and clear. Some others I played had a lot of darkness to the overall sound. I tried another spruce topped classical as well. It was a Yamaha. It was about 150 bucks cheaper but it just didn't have that same cleaness that this one did.

I had thought of ordering one online. I would have likely ordered one with a cedar top. What made me think I really needed to try them out was the fact that there are some top shelf $2000.00+ classicals that have spruce tops. I am so glad I didn't go on a pre-conceived notion about what I thought I would want and actully took the time to try them.
            Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
              I have a C5-CE I like a lot.

I'm still on the fence about which strings I prefer for nylon. Hard tension or regular.
              That may have been the one cedar topped one that I actually liked.

CHRIST

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                X