banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's that time of year in Indiana again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's that time of year in Indiana again....

That time of year when the humidity and heat are bouncing around like a stripper at your favorite club.

All of my guitar are outta whack and need a setup adjustment.
    Gear: More junk than I know what to do with

Re: It's that time of year in Indiana again....

Keeping your guitars away from windows / direct sunlight and keeping the air conditioner on helps...

Comment

There AC's are in the windows as of last night. No central air in this hut. It's what I get for trying to save a few bucks.

Comment

Fortunately we don't usually have problems with high humidity out here, but indoors the humidity can drop drastically when the heat comes on. That's why I invested in a room humidifier for my office/music room.

At minimum it's a good idea to put a hygrometer in the rooms where you have your guitars so you can keep an eye on the humidity. I bought one at Home Depot for $20.
        Band: www.colouredanimal.com
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/mrperki
        Blorg: mrperki.tumblr.com

Read my Seymour Duncan blog posts

Comment

Originally posted by ratherdashing View Post
          Fortunately we don't usually have problems with high humidity out here, but indoors the humidity can drop drastically when the heat comes on. That's why I invested in a room humidifier for my office/music room.

At minimum it's a good idea to put a hygrometer in the rooms where you have your guitars so you can keep an eye on the humidity. I bought one at Home Depot for $20.
          Thanks man! I need to go pick one up!

Comment

When I lived up north I had to do a setup twice a year; once in the spring and once in the fall. When I lived in CA, hardly ever at all. Now that I live in Texas, maybe once a year depending on how whacky the weather changes.

Comment

I don't miss that state to much. And I surely don't miss the weather. Here in Washington we've only broke 80 degrees maybe two or three times this year. Still have humidity but its constant.

Comment

Working...
              X